Anyone Else Doing Intermittent Fasting as Well as Whole 30?

katlady

I did a Whole30 a few years ago but I've been doing intermittent fasting for about a year and a half and this is my first Whole30 in that time. I'm wondering if that will make it harder, easier. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, katlady said:

I did a Whole30 a few years ago but I've been doing intermittent fasting for about a year and a half and this is my first Whole30 in that time. I'm wondering if that will make it harder, easier. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

We do not recommend IF for people to combine with a Whole30 because it goes against the principles of eating 3 times a day spaced 4-5 hours apart.  That said, if you have been doing IF successfully and it doesn't cause you any great problems as long as you're eating the daily volume of food recommended within your own feeding window, you should be fine.  There aren't going to be a ton of tips or suggestions because it's not something that is recommended for folks to do.

Here's a Dear Melissa article all about her take on Intermittent Fasting

https://whole30.com/2015/10/fasting/

I thought about fasting in the Whole30. In fact, I almost did that yesterday (which was supposed to be Day 1). But then my carb cravings kicked in and I downed two bars and two pretzel bags. And then it just went downhill from there.

So, I started over this morning and actually ate some food, and I feel much better. 

• 7 months later...

I want to start whole30 but 3/7 days I am out of the house from like 9 am to 9:30 pm. I'd rather not pack 2 meals or look for something that conforms to the whole30 diet. I was thinking of combining IF and Whole30. Is this an ok idea? If not, what do you recommend? 

Archived