Waking up hungry in the middle of the night

Hi,

I am about to start my Whole30 this Monday. I'm really nervous because I have a bad habit of waking up hungry in the middle of the night and needing to eat something in order to get back to sleep. My current go-to's are all no-no's on the Whole30 (protein bars, healthy homemade muffins, etc).  Any suggestions for what I could grab that would be quick and Whole30 compliant in the middle of the night?

Thanks for the help!

• Administrators

I think your best bet is to try and make it so that you don't have to eat in the middle of the night. Try having a protein and fat mini meal an hour before bed. 

If you do need to eat in the night, anything compliant would do....leftovers.....

Sometimes waking in the middle of the night to eat is related to blood sugar issues - your liver and pancreas work hard while you rest and your blood sugar dip - this prompts people to wake up and crave food. You may find that with W30 this habit disappears (i'd expect it to take about 8-12 days, at least) because you're not getting high highs and low lows with your blood sugar.. just food for thought. Good luck!

Archived