Trying to choose start date, but I'm sick!

embeesea

Hi all - whole 30 neophyte here. I'm really looking forward to my first whole 30 journey, but I don't want to set myself up for failure, so I am really taking this planning and preparation stage seriously. 

Here's the deal. I have an ear infection. I was diagnosed a day or two after Christmas, and have been through my first round of antibiotics. Looks like I'm headed back to the doctor because I am feeling crappy again. I'm working slowly on getting the pantry cleaned out and starting to do some meal planning, but I still haven't picked a day to start. Should I wait until I'm better from this ear infection?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere...I promise I did try to find it...

embeesea

• Administrators

Aw, dang, sorry you're sick! If you have the choice, I would definitely start your official Whole30 once you're feeling better. Antibiotics mess with the gut and generally feeling run down is no fun while also doing a dietary overhaul.

That said, I would probably take this time to start making most of my meals Whole30 compliant, following our recommendations for timing and composition. Maybe even get some of the staples made and into the freezer (ie, bone broth - amazing for healing!) Then when you're feeling better, starting your actual Whole30 will be a breeze!

Archived