Freebirds World Burrito?

Jenn D.

Hi! New here and just trying to see if anyone else has eaten a compliant meal at Freebirds, and if so, what was it? Freebirds has locations mostly in Texas and California. It's basically like Chipotle but without all the "faux healthy" hyperbole Chipotle is so fond of.

I searched the forums and a couple of people had posted about FB back in 2014, but nothing since then. It's one of the few options available to me in my small city where I feel like I could still stick to W30 rules and get a decent meal on the go, i.e. one that's not grilled chicken on salad with no dressing. ;) 

Freebirds online allergen chart lists chicken, carnitas and steak all as maybe having soy, but not their ground beef. The old posts indicated chicken and carnitas were fine, but of course that could have changed drastically between now and then. 

Anyone else? Thanks!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Jenn D. said:

Hi! New here and just trying to see if anyone else has eaten a compliant meal at Freebirds, and if so, what was it? Freebirds has locations mostly in Texas and California. It's basically like Chipotle but without all the "faux healthy" hyperbole Chipotle is so fond of.

I searched the forums and a couple of people had posted about FB back in 2014, but nothing since then. It's one of the few options available to me in my small city where I feel like I could still stick to W30 rules and get a decent meal on the go, i.e. one that's not grilled chicken on salad with no dressing. ;) 

Freebirds online allergen chart lists chicken, carnitas and steak all as maybe having soy, but not their ground beef. The old posts indicated chicken and carnitas were fine, but of course that could have changed drastically between now and then. 

Anyone else? Thanks!

Call up the restaurant you want to eat at and ask... even if someone answers, the restaurant THEY eat at might be fine, they may have eaten their three months ago and now things changed... you really need to ask.  You can google 'whole30 guide to dining out' and there's a pdf that will help you with what questions to ask.

I just did the ground beef and salad.  Honestly for chain restaurants, I trust the corporate website over the local employees as to allergens.  Corporate put the money into finding out and sends the ingredients to the stores.  Employees are just following directions. And from having worked restaurants, there is no way I had any idea what was in the food other than what the official documentation said.  

I was expecting to be disappointed, but the ground beef was pretty good.  

Archived