Tiger Blood since Day 3

I am finding this odd since I've read basically the opposite from others on this board, but I have had Tiger Blood since Day 3. I am currently on Day 13. I am curious about this because I have never given up sugar, grains, dairy before and yet I am feeling the best I ever have in my life. I have more energy and having great workouts. I am very alert, focused, and productive. And I am always in a fantastic mood. I am terrified of this ending! I realize whole30 is an elimination diet, but has anyone else experienced this? I am just curious if its tied to grains or gluten, dairy, or sugar and which one....

• Moderators

It's not possible for us to tell you which item it's tied to, that's what the reintroductions are for at the end of the program.  That said, some people just don't feel terrible... the only thing I would ask is if you're using fruit or dried fruit to prop up sugar cravings or something like that where you might be circumventing side effects by using technically compliant food.  But if not, then you're probably just eating properly composed meals and your body is really thrilled with you!

I have eaten fruit but with meals and its been with lunch mostly and usually an apple or clementine. I did have some pineapple with dinner as well a few nights but I haven't had much the last few days since I ran out of fresh but had a few sliced of no sugar added plain dried mango. Do you think I need to reduce or cut out? I have been making sure to not exceed 2 servings per day.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Boo Biscuit said:

I have eaten fruit but with meals and its been with lunch mostly and usually an apple or clementine. I did have some pineapple with dinner as well a few nights but I haven't had much the last few days since I ran out of fresh but had a few sliced of no sugar added plain dried mango. Do you think I need to reduce or cut out? I have been making sure to not exceed 2 servings per day.

No harm in cutting out fruit and dried fruit for a few days and see what happens... fruit doesn't have any nutrients that aren't more bioavailable in veggies so you're not missing anything if you cut it out.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering how this turned out for you- cutting back on fruit? I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm currently on Day 9 but have had none of the negative side effects others are talking about and the book talks about. I'm not sure what Tiger Blood is supposed to feel like, but I feel the same way I've felt before I started. The book says to expect your pants to feel tighter on days 8 and 9, but I actually had to put my belt on a tighter hole this morning and my stomach is significantly flatter/face thinner than last Monday. I've been eating about 2 pieces of fruit each day- one with breakfast and one with lunch (this is not wholly different from my habits before). The only other factor I can think of is that I've also increased my exercise as of last week (from maybe 5,000-8000 steps a day to 8000-12000)- joined a Fitbit challenge with some of the ladies I work with and MAN can they step!!!

Sorry- that was a lot of info! I'm just concerned I might have missed something! Don't understand why I wouldn't follow a more similar path, if those symptoms are common enough that they were confident in them to publish.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ms.maddie said:

I'm wondering how this turned out for you- cutting back on fruit? I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm currently on Day 9 but have had none of the negative side effects others are talking about and the book talks about. I'm not sure what Tiger Blood is supposed to feel like, but I feel the same way I've felt before I started. The book says to expect your pants to feel tighter on days 8 and 9, but I actually had to put my belt on a tighter hole this morning and my stomach is significantly flatter/face thinner than last Monday. I've been eating about 2 pieces of fruit each day- one with breakfast and one with lunch (this is not wholly different from my habits before). The only other factor I can think of is that I've also increased my exercise as of last week (from maybe 5,000-8000 steps a day to 8000-12000)- joined a Fitbit challenge with some of the ladies I work with and MAN can they step!!!

Sorry- that was a lot of info! I'm just concerned I might have missed something! Don't understand why I wouldn't follow a more similar path, if those symptoms are common enough that they were confident in them to publish.

Rejoice if you are feeling better, clothes fitting better and enjoying extra exercise. The timeline is based on what most people can expect to feel at various times but is not prescriptive.

Archived