I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoaster

Chae.19

Hiiii! 

This is my first round of whole30 and tbh it is treating me great! I am so happy with the choice to clean up my diet however my emotions are crazy!!!! I feel on top of the world at some points and then just like a blubbering mess at others. I have been sober for 2 years and this legitmily is as unpredictable as that. 

I am on day 14!!!! and I’m not even so concerned about “getting my tiger blood” as I am with my emotions.  For the past two days I have felt insecure and overwhelmed about everything! But before that I felt I had a handle on it and I was feeling more confident! I wasn’t feeling satisfied throughout the day so added in some additional fats and I am feeling better, I think? It’s hard to say I’m feeling better when I cry randomly

I had one period when I first started ironically but I am on BC as it was that time, so idk. I am just looking for support and understanding I guess? My husband is doing this i with me as well, but not as strictly compliant as me. Ie. he is drinking soda and having cheese every once in awhile. He is also not an emotional person and has PTSD from a previous deployment (I AM) so talking to him about these things is hard. 

So anyways, thanks for listening to my whining and is anyone else going through this?! 

Glad you came here to vent. Changes is how you eat can effect all sorts of things, including mood, so it doesn't sound crazy at all that you are experiencing mood swings. Some people find that adding a few extra starchy carbs can help with mood, or simply shifting when they eat certain types of food. For example, eating something like potato at breakfast vs. dinner may effect how you feel. The good news is, from the outside looking in, you do have this! You are doing the Whole30 and reaching out for help when you need it. Maybe take the next week to keep things super simple. Don't attempt any crazy new recipes, or introduce a new fitness routine, which may make things more chaotic.

Archived