Help! Chinese Buffet

ALouden

Help!  My son requested a Chinese buffet for dinner tomorrow night.  I'm planning to eat at home before we go but feel like I need to order something at the restaurant.  What could they possibly offer that will en compliant?

thanks! 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, ALouden said:

Help!  My son requested a Chinese buffet for dinner tomorrow night.  I'm planning to eat at home before we go but feel like I need to order something at the restaurant.  What could they possibly offer that will en compliant?

thanks! 

You'd have to call them and ask... I"m sure they'll have some option for steamed veggie and maybe even steamed protein if you order off a menu (if there is one).  Unfortunately it would not be possible for us to tell you what a restaurant in your area is going to have that is compliant but you can use the Dining Out Guide (google 'whole30 guide to dining out') to help when you call the restaurant and ask.

Thanks! I did check the menu and will talk to them tomorrow.  I didn't expect that anyone could tel me exactly what this restaurant offered.  Was more hoping someone had already had the Chinese buffet experience and could offer some guidance or suggestions based on their experience ...like consider the steamed veggies.  Crossing my fingers that I can stay on course.  Third family birthday this month and so far so good.

I've seen some have hardboiled eggs at the salad bar.  Some of the hybrid-type places that have a Japanese section sometimes have nigiri that might be ok.

But ya, buffet restaurants are pretty much Whole30 Kryptonite.

naAFML0.jpg?2

Archived