Don't want to cheat...need encouragement

kgm

I'm R1D19 and I started this journey to help me possibly conceive after reading several conception success stories.   I had a completely awful week at work and I want a drink so badly I could cry. (I might mention, I'm not an alcoholic or anything of the sort, I just want to treat myself and unwind with some wine.)  By the time my period is scheduled to come (or not, fingers crossed) I will be on my last day of Whole30 and 3 days until the weekend.  If I wait until then, I may be confirmed pregnant and then I REALLY can't have a drink.  I'm trying to justify to myself that if I have a glass or two of wine tonight but stay compliant in every other way then what's the harm.  I already  KNOW the answer but I just need some words of encouragement because I am thisclose to going to pick up a bottle of wine after work today. 

• Administrators

Um, if you're trying to get pregnant and there's a chance you could be and it would be a very, very early stage, perhaps drinking alcohol isn't the best health decision anyway? There's literally NO difference between today "not confirmed pregnant" and 10 days from now "confirmed pregnant". If you can't drink after confirmed pregnant, why would you risk drinking during unconfirmed? 

If you are pregnant I'm sure the joy of that will outweigh sadness that you're not going to be drinking for a while. And if you're NOT pregnant then you can have alcohol once that is discovered?

There seems to be something in the air this week in everyone's workplace. All the Whole30er's I know, myself included, are having a tough time. It's a great time to fall back on some healthier coping mechanisms. Curling up with a cup of tea, a good book and a soft blanket by the fire? A walk with your special someone (weather permitting), a chat with a friend? Finding your preferred coping mechanisms now will be helpful for when you do conceive (if you haven't already), and you can't reach for that glass of wine. Best of luck to you.

Archived