Chicken wings

shaund

• Moderators
Just now, shaund said:

Are fried chicken wings (salt & pepper) ok?  I realize the deep fried not the best choice however, are they approved?

New to this and trying to figure out the boundaries.

Deep fried food is not awesome but it's not specifically disallowed (except french fries) but you need to ensure the oil is compliant and it is highly unlikely that you're going to find compliant oil in enough of a quantity for deep frying for not a bizzillion dollars.

1 hour ago, shaund said:

Are fried chicken wings (salt & pepper) ok?  I realize the deep fried is not the best choice however, are they approved?

New to this and trying to figure out the boundaries.

Try baking them in the oven!! There are TONS of whole30 approved chicken wing recipes (just double check the ingredients) out there, you can find some really good ones!

Seriously, I went through so many baked wings during my most recent Whole30! A little arrowroot and whatever seasonings you prefer, and bake in the oven. It was my SO's preferred post-workout protein most days. Most of the time, I just skipped the arrowroot. A little extra time under the broiler was enough to get the skin crispy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, purplepadres said:

Seriously, I went through so many baked wings during my most recent Whole30! A little arrowroot and whatever seasonings you prefer, and bake in the oven. It was my SO's preferred post-workout protein most days. Most of the time, I just skipped the arrowroot. A little extra time under the broiler was enough to get the skin crispy.

I dry mine off with paper towel and then have my own wing seasoning (dry spices) and put them in the oven at 450 until the 'appear' slightly over cooked.  They're magical!~

Archived