Brand New- Starting 2/19/18

pbnJessie

Thank you @ladyshanny, after doing more research on the template I realized I was eating less than 1/3 of the recommended protein which explains my need for more frequent meals. I also run at least 5 miles a day and do strength and saw that there's recommendation for pre/post workout snacks as well. Yesterday was easy to not eat between breakfast and lunch but definitely needed something between lunch and dinner since I eat lunch around noon and dinner at 7:30~ was able to make my workout snack fit in to this time frame which worked well. Still on the fence about going against my health care worker's recommendation, but am intrigued. Thanks for your response 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Holiday said:

Thank you @ladyshanny, after doing more research on the template I realized I was eating less than 1/3 of the recommended protein which explains my need for more frequent meals. I also run at least 5 miles a day and do strength and saw that there's recommendation for pre/post workout snacks as well. Yesterday was easy to not eat between breakfast and lunch but definitely needed something between lunch and dinner since I eat lunch around noon and dinner at 7:30~ was able to make my workout snack fit in to this time frame which worked well. Still on the fence about going against my health care worker's recommendation, but am intrigued. Thanks for your response 

Ya, totally fair. If you do decide to be more cautious (which is fine), and you're going to eat between meals, make it protein and fat based or protein and veggie based. This will do the least to mess up hormone and blood sugar regulation and will also keep you going towards fat adaptation. Avoid fruits alone, fruit/nut combos, dried fruits etc. Basically stick with the things that have properties that keep you going with stable energy rather than the spikes and drops of energy that you can get with the more sugar-based foods.

I would suspect that as you continue to do this and tweak your meal composition that you will naturally slide out of needing those between meal snacks because you're feeling fine and stable. But until that happens, do what feels comfortable for you.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend so far!

my future hubby and I pretty much unplug from all devices on the weekend so That’s why I haven’t posted as much.

Yesterday was awesome! Felt so good, ran 7 miles easy. Went shopping with my mom and we went to our co op for lunch. They were more than happy to accommodate my requests. Plus, you can watch them make the food, so I knew it was good.

for dinner, I discovered Aidell’s chicken and apple sausage.... holy deliciousness!

Here is to day 7! How is everyone doing with their first weekend on Whole30?

Day 7!!! A week of win!  The weekend wasn't a big deal for me because my hubby is out of town and I'm just cooking for myself. Took my dog for a long walk at the park and just enjoying the nice weather. 

Congrats to us for getting through the first week! 

Day 9 for those that started the 19th. How is everyone doing?

Over here, things have been smooth sailing! Prepped tons of food Sunday to get through the week. Energy level tanked a little at work yesterday, but I still pushed through a workout.

those around me have finally accepted that I’m in this for 30 days and are being more supportive! 

Let’s hear from everyone else!

Day 10 and I'm already thinking maybe I'll do whole 60 or 90.... I'm loving it. I feel great, my clothes fit the way I want, my energy is where I'd like it. 

I bought the whole30 book and day by day (on Sunday) and know that rocky days are (likely) on their way, but I'm feeling great!

hope everyone is feeling strong 

Archived