Whole 30 Forum calendar...?

peak

I see a "calendar" tab at the top next to the Forums tab but it is not interactive or editable for a member users.  Is this in fact true or am I missing a setting?  I am running the dinosaur Vista OS, perhaps that is why?

I guess I am asking if it is user editable similar to other calendars like MS Outlook where I can add notes for perhaps tracking daily personal progress and menus. Is the calendar just for convenience?

I do see a sub-forum called the "Whole 30 Log" which is thread-topic based as far as input.  I guess I could use that, but would prefer a pre-set calendar if that option on this site is available. 

Thanks- frank.

• Moderators

The calendar isn't editable by users.  I think it was just included in the basic forum setup the site is built around, and is meant to be for forum-wide events, which we don't really do.  If you could edit it, anything you put on it would be visible to everyone, and if many people used it as their food log, it would quickly be overwhelming to try to follow. 

You don't have to do any kind of log that is visible to the forum if the setup isn't useful to you. It can be helpful to keep some kind of record of what you're eating for troubleshooting purposes as you go through the 30 days, but you could enter it in a calendar you already use, or on a spreadsheet, or in a handwritten journal, or by taking pics of meals which you could either post somewhere or just keep for your own records. 

I will look into that.... thanks!   I guess an analog journal could work,  just am on the computer at work all day and am used to typing-   besides, my speeling (and penmanship) is much better with computer spellcheck.

Archived