Mixing things

ffrancescaala

Hi Everyone - I just started today and did my best to read everything prior... I had some grain free granola (saw it was approved), a banana and coconut milk for breakfast. Chicken, half avocado, half sweet potato and a bit of squash for lunch and am feeling really full... I am wondering if I missed that I am not supposed to have too many different options together in a meal? i.e. avocado, potatoes and squash should not go together, or is it fine? Sorry if this was discussed before and I didn't see it!

Francesca 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, ffrancescaala said:

Hi Everyone - I just started today and did my best to read everything prior... I had some grain free granola (saw it was approved), a banana and coconut milk for breakfast. Chicken, half avocado, half sweet potato and a bit of squash for lunch and am feeling really full... I am wondering if I missed that I am not supposed to have too many different options together in a meal? i.e. avocado, potatoes and squash should not go together, or is it fine? Sorry if this was discussed before and I didn't see it!

Francesca 

Sorry, grain free granola is not approved and the fruit and nut heavy breakfast that you list would not be suitable.  Please try and make your meals match the template for best results.

Starchy carbs are recommended to be a fist sized serving once a day to start, more if you are particularly active, breastfeeding, pregnant, prone to mild mood disorders.  Less if you are metabolically challenged, overweight etc....

For your lunch I would swap out the squash and add in a plate full of non starchy veg.

Archived