Coleslaw

Tab

Hi I’m trying to get my husband on board Whole 30. He has requested my coleslaw which is not whole 30. I have made him a deal I will make 2 batches. I will make it regular then I will tweak the other to be Whole 30 acceptable and see if he doesn’t like it just as well. My recipe however calls for sugar so I’m trying to think of what to replace the sugar with to make it acceptable. Any ideas??

1 (16oz) bag of coleslaw

2 tblsp grated white onion

2/3 cup avocado oil mayo

3 tblsp avocado oil

1/3 cup sugar???

1 tblsp white vinegar

1/4 tsp sea salt

1/2 tsp poppy seeds 

• Moderators

When I make coleslaw dressing I don't use sugar... consider making it more of a coleslaw vinegarette and that takes away the expectation of sweetness.  Try putting celery seed in to your dressing as well for a more rounded flavor and you could try switching the white vinegar to apple cider vinegar which is sometimes a bit sweeter.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

We make this and love it.  

https://www.thepaleomom.com/recipe-best-creamy-coleslaw/  (We just use a 16 oz bag of coleslaw and skip her steps to shred/salt your own).

The other day in a restaurant I got a side of very traditional (SUGAR!) coleslaw.  Blch.  So I can see how if you are used to sugar in your coleslaw you might say the same about the no-sugar recipes :) 

Archived