Olive Oil and COoking

What are the guidelines for cooking with olive oil? I know it gets volatile at high heat, but what's the Whole30 approved way to use it? I used it to sauté some veggies this evening (at a 3-4 out of 10 on my stove). Is that allowed? Do I need to start my Whole30 over again? Thanks for you help! I just started a Whole45 and am a little Type A....I'd hate to have screwed up on Day 1! ;)

I don't fry stuff in it or use it on high heat on the stove but what you did seems fine to me. I cook my veggies in rendered animals fats. I coat my sweet potatoes in EVOO for oven roasting and I make mayo and salad dressing with it....seriously, make mayo...yummo!

I use this mayo recipe and sub out the mustard powder for a squeeze of compliant stone ground mustard. Last time I made it I forgot to put in the mustard and it was fine without it but the salt, acv and room temp eggs are the key (methinks). I make mine in my food processor but others use a stick blender or if you are mega hardcore you can do it by hand.

http://paleospirit.com/2012/basic-mayonnaise-recipe-for-your-paleo-diet/

Archived