Day 18 and discouraged

JVCL

Hi all, 

I'm on R1D18 and feeling a little discouraged. I was doing really well last week with feeling good, decreased cravings, and increased energy. This week I feel like I'm sick of the food I'm eating, my cravings are increased, and I just have no motivation. I know I don't want to quit, but I find that I'm constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat after these 30 days are over. 

I have noted some NSVs like my clothes fitting better and sounder sleep at night, but these aren't enough to keep me going. 

Any suggestions for fighting these cravings? I'm wondering where my "tiger blood" is!!

Why are you doing this? Maybe try and remind yourself of that? Tiger Blood wasn't quick to show up for me either and it was helpful to remind myself of why I am doing this when I would feel discouraged. I'm doing it because I LOVE the outdoors and I want to be able to continue to enjoy them into my seventies and eighties. I want to be that 80-year old lady out hiking the John Muir Trail! I wasn't doing it for Tiger Blood, though I desperately wanted it. So maybe that would help?

Also, try some new recipes! I LOVE Paleo Running Momma. Here's a link to the Whole30 section of her blog: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/recipes/whole30/.

And, in general, here are some great recipes I've tried lately: 

You can do this! Best of luck to you! 

• Moderators

It's really helpful to focus on what you can have, not what you can't, just because the more you focus on what you're not eating, the more deprived you feel. It's also sometimes helpful to reframe it as, "I could have (whatever you're craving) if I wanted to, but right now, I'm choosing not to because I want to see how that food affects my health."

If you're bored with the food, find a new recipe or two to try. There are a lot of good options here, most of them ate Whole30:   https://meljoulwan.com/recipes-index/

Also note that everyone experiences changes in hunger levels and cravings, and females especially can find their hunger and cravings change drastically throughout their monthly cycle, so you might just be at a point where you are hungrier than usual, and if that is the case, it is fine to eat more. Continue to focus on the basic meal template, but think of it as a minimum amount of food to eat, it is fine to eat more if you need to.

Archived