2nd Round of Whole30 - May 1st! Ladies only please!

Kelsey Barber

Hi y'all,

I am starting my second Whole30 on May 1st (my last one was February 15 - March 16 of this year)!  The one thing that helped me most was finding a group of women to email back and forth throughout the whole process who understood.  I am looking for some more ladies who want to join with me - the reason I'm asking for ladies only is because of the hormonal changes from this diet that can affect our bodies, visits from AF, etc., and I want everyone to be comfortable talking about that stuff!

• Administrators

Hi Ladies, we can't restrict who posts in the general threads however if you'd like I can move this thread to the Ladies Only section. It's not "secure" from any men who might decide to show up in there but for the most part our Ladies Only section is respected as a "private" space for women.

Let me know.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, Kelsey Barber said:

Hi y'all,

I am starting my second Whole30 on May 1st (my last one was February 15 - March 16 of this year)!  The one thing that helped me most was finding a group of women to email back and forth throughout the whole process who understood.  I am looking for some more ladies who want to join with me - the reason I'm asking for ladies only is because of the hormonal changes from this diet that can affect our bodies, visits from AF, etc., and I want everyone to be comfortable talking about that stuff!

Hi @Kelsey Barber -- ditto on the ladies only hormonal issues, which I'm just now  starting to see. I'm in my 4th week of my  pretty successful 1st Whole30 and PMS just hit me like a mack truck today. Ouch. I'd been planning to do another Whole30 round in May and I'd love to join you and other ladies for encouragement, tips and commiseration. I've learned a lot in my 1st month about clean mindful eating, which I think will help with the rough PMS times too. But I'd like to continue and get even stronger and more clear-headed about healthy eating long-term. So, thanks for posting your new thread & cheers on your 2nd Whole30!

On 4/24/2018 at 11:24 PM, suzannes said:

Hi @Kelsey Barber -- ditto on the ladies only hormonal issues, which I'm just now  starting to see. I'm in my 4th week of my  pretty successful 1st Whole30 and PMS just hit me like a mack truck today. Ouch. I'd been planning to do another Whole30 round in May and I'd love to join you and other ladies for encouragement, tips and commiseration. I've learned a lot in my 1st month about clean mindful eating, which I think will help with the rough PMS times too. But I'd like to continue and get even stronger and more clear-headed about healthy eating long-term. So, thanks for posting your new thread & cheers on your 2nd Whole30!

@suzannes it is really crazy how eating this way (which I refer to as the way humans were designed to eat) affected my period last time.  I had been on the pill for 12 years, and I started having horrible cramps and spotting for the last week and a half of the Whole30.  I NEVER had cramps before on the pill, and I never spotted!  I decided to get off the pill after this diet and take a more natural approach, and now I'm very curious to see how body acts on this one since I won't have those extra hormones in my system.  I was in an emailing group of ladies last time, and they also described similar situations regarding their periods!  Hang in there!!

2 hours ago, Kelsey Barber said:

@suzannes it is really crazy how eating this way (which I refer to as the way humans were designed to eat) affected my period last time.  I had been on the pill for 12 years, and I started having horrible cramps and spotting for the last week and a half of the Whole30.  I NEVER had cramps before on the pill, and I never spotted!  I decided to get off the pill after this diet and take a more natural approach, and now I'm very curious to see how body acts on this one since I won't have those extra hormones in my system.  I was in an emailing group of ladies last time, and they also described similar situations regarding their periods!  Hang in there!!

Hey @Kelsey Barber thank you for sharing, it's nice (but too bad for you) to hear that others have had odd PMS experiences on the Whole30.

It really came as I surprise to me frankly, since I don't normally have a lot of PMS issues, to then have it come up on the last week of my 1st Whole30.

Whew! This has been a very interesting journey.

Trouble-shooting now and looking ahead, next month I will be mindful to increase my carb/starch and magnesium intake the week leading up to my period. I think, based on what I've read on the forum from all the great moderators like @ladyshanny and all of the experienced women here, that this might help next time.

It will be "interesting" to see if I struggle as much next time. One thought I had (like your reference to eating the way we were designed to eat) was that for me on the Whole30 plan I was suddenly eating a lot less carbs, esp. junk carbs, and so my body was starting out a bit behind when PMS time came, so maybe I felt worse because of that. Hence my plan to increase carbs pre-PMS next go round. 

Cheers to you and the other fabulous women here on your Whole30 journeys! Looking forward to chatting more as we learn/struggle/triumph through May. :wub:

I started my first round of Whole30 today! I'm having a hard time though because I didn't even think about my cycle when planning this out (I based it around some events I have coming up). I'm at that part of the month where the cravings are terrible and I don't feel 100%, which is kind of upsetting since I was hoping I would feel really successful today lol. Just got to hang in there though!

Happy May Day!

Today is my first day of my 2nd round (continuing my 1st) of Whole30.

Hope y'all are starting off well and feeling good today. 

I'm going another round of W30 to slay my fire-breathing sugar dragon still roaring along at the end of my 1st Whole30. I want to get a stronger handle on these sugar/junk carb cravings that I know are unhealthy and feel pretty awful. I also want to get my roller coaster hormones calmed down and I hope to continue to relieve some other health issues. 

Who else is starting today....and why? 

I started my second W30 yesterday; the last time I did it was 3 or 4 years ago? I felt great and it made a difference in how I ate ... for a while. But then I had a baby and many other things happened that made me lose track of eating well. My biggest challenge is my husband who eats a like a middle schooler left home alone in the early 80's ... just garbage! And while he's theoretically supportive, he's pretty picky, so it's not like I can control my environment very much. 

Anyhow, it's only been 2 days so far, but I have to say, it feels good already AND it feels easy. It's crazy how easy it is to not eat all the time once the sugar craving cycle is broken. 

We'll see how things progress as the month goes on. 

@Kelsey Barber and everyone else, how's it going so far?

Hey @JenJenRN @cassiemarie10 @Amina429 @Kelsey Barber hope y'all are having a good first week. I'm still struggling with lots of work stress plus PMS/hormones out of whack. The sugar dragon is a mighty foe. 

Just my $0.02, not a big fan of FB, have to use it reluctantly for my job, but rarely use otherwise, just don't like the platform and cumbersome user interface. The forums here are refreshingly simple and uncluttered compared to FB. 

That said, I'd still be willing to support y'all on a closed FB page, but I'd hesitate that we would miss out on more people participating, since the forums here are open to all. 

@Kelsey Barber you still around?

Archived