Vitamin stuck in throat reaction

Not sure where to log my question but has anyone else had trouble about 8 days into program with eating almond butter or eating almonds and feeling like nut is stuck in your throat? Or lower in your upper chest area.  It doesn’t hurt but feels blocked. I just ate some pecans and same thing.i chew well well but still feels it didn’t go down. Then it find myself burbing more. Strange and I didn’t know where to post this comment. Lovw some  help and I’m not gonna not to doctor.it passed in a day or so

bootsie 

Has anyone experience the following which I am after 12 days on program. 

After eating I feel like I have swallowed a large vitamin pill and it is stuck in my throat and no matter how much water I drink I can’t move it.finally the feeling moves to top of bread/chest area. At first  I blamed it on almond butter as that was only new ingredient I had in my bullet coffee and I thought I was allergic to almonds so I stopped that butter. But it came back after eating st other times— after my frittata this am. It’s not painful just uncomfortable and causes burping, or a feeling like if I could just burp it might how away. Help me out people going nuts with this. And I was told my gerds has gone away. 

• Moderators

Have you seen a doctor since  you posted first about this six days ago?  I"ve moved all your posts about this issue into the same thread.

There is nothing about eating whole foods that is going to cause a lump in your throat outside of a sensitivity or allergy to a food.  I would start keeping a food journal and write down exactly what you ate and whether that item caused the problem or not and see if you can find a pattern.  I would also highly recommend that you see a doctor.  It's possible that it's just coincidence that this is happening during your whole30 and that it's something else entirely going on and we are not medical professionals.

You can also try googling 'whole30 lump in throat' as this has been talked about before but for the most part, the resulting conversation and speculation leans toward going to the doctor... if it's heart burn, acid reflux, anxiety, sensitivity to food, allergy to food, thyroid problem, growth in throat... none of those are really wholey related to Whole30 so a visit to your doctor should be next up on your list.

No I just doctor day before this started and he said I have no more gerds so I don’t want to go back ifican solve it first myself. It’s not daily. I thought maybe others have same reaction as our bodies are so cleaned out that we are more aware of how we feel when we eat. I’m much more attuned to foods now than before. I will go to doctors if it gets worse. But for now I was hoping others mighty be having similar reactions. Bootsie 

Archived