Too much?

Hi everyone.

So I've been trying to start a Whole30 for a while now for one reason and one reason only: to conquer my sugar dragon. My goal is to quit sugar for long-term. I am a nutrition major and I know how incredibly awful sugar is for your body, so I want to make it a rare occasion only sort of thing. However, I'm finding it very difficult to do a fully compliant Whole30. Cutting sugar out of my diet is hard enough and I'm feeling very overwhelmed trying to do a complete Whole30 at the same time. It's giving me major anxiety if I'm being honest. On top of this, I am also currently going through some major life changes, so I have a lot on my plate already. My question is: should I just focus on cutting out sugar for right now, wait until my life settles down a little bit, and then do a Whole30? 

• Moderators

It's really up to you. Some people find making all the big changes at once helpful, some find it too overwhelming. Certainly cutting all the added sugar and sweeteners in your diet is a healthy choice, and you'll be that much further ahead when you do decide to do a Whole30 in the future. 

Archived