Day 2. Keeping the momentum, keeping the sugar dragon at bay.

Pedro Sierra

Day one was a success. Day two feels like it will be just as good. Have already had some cravings for chocolate but was able to see it for habit and not a necessity. I don't think I ate enough for breakfast because I didn't plan well enough in advance. I'm going to have to make that a priority. I think I have less difficutly avoiding sugar if I am full and not looking for empty calories.

I am really encouraged by the number of people willing to support each other in this change of eating habits. Something so ingrained that we often take for granted until it is time to change. It's hard to do without the experience and support of others. Thank you all for taking the time. Have a great day!

I'm in Day 2, too! So far, so good. I feel a little tired, but that's not really unusual for me on the SAD either. I agree, that if I'm full, I have less trouble staying away from the carbs-especially the sugar carbs, but sometimes, I can be full and still craving sugar of some kind. OR some kind of crunchy, salty carb, like chips or popcorn! :(

The breakfast thing is tough but the good news is that by day 14ish you are naturally waking up super early so it's not as big of a deal to get up and fix a big breakfast. I did a Whole 30 in September and was actually kind of annoyed on the days I could sleep in I would naturally wake up at 5:30 anyway. The flip side was that I was exhausted by 9 - 9:30.

Archived