Bootsie1947

changing recipes

I am cooking for a party; my recipe is below.   I need to substitute toe cream cheese and sour cream to be dairy free; I can use coconut milk but how do I handle proportions and canned soup.  This is my favorite company meal, but don't know how to exchange out stuff.  Can anyone help me?  Elizabeth

I wouldn't try to change this recipe. It's not going to come out the same and then you'll be disappointed. 

Make some chili in a crockpot or something that's *already* Whole30 compliant (I'm a fan of Mel Joulwan's chocolate chili). 

Thanks Laura. I found dairy free yogurt in health store and will make me a compline chicken dish and see how that goes. I’ll mske regular one for company. I live in Florida and chilling is what I save for winter. Plus I have not introduced beans yet. Got to do the 14 day reintroduce and haven’t yet. Love this program . 

The recipe I mentioned is Whole30 compliant. Chili does not need to have beans. I'm still going to recommend that you broaden your horizons a little bit and make something else. Messing around with a "favorite" recipe typically never goes well.