Allergy? Or just me

I’ve finished whole 30 first time but am noticing that the clearing of my throat  as if I have mucous there. Or coughing sometimes to clear throat, has returned . I was aware as a NSV it went away but my friends notice when I talk to them on phone I’m clearing throat again. I do have seasonal allergies but they are contained through shots. But if the throat clearing went away, I think I’ve added something that triggers it. But can’t discover it. 

I drank bullet coffee almost throughout my 30 days with added almond coconut unsweetened milk or creamer. A bit of stevia leaf I added after 30 days. So I’m signed up to do another 30 with the sept challenge, bit just don’t know how to identify the source of throat learning. I’m having black coffee this a.m. with only a tiny bit of stevia leaf and so far less coughing. Could I be bothered by the coconut milk? But I only have one cup in  and the clearing of throat happens all day at times. A real mister they needs solving. I don’t have Gerds as saw doctor. Help

• Moderators

Stevia is the only thing you've added back? This reaction is something I've heard of with dairy and sometimes with wheat, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen with other things as well. I guess it could be the coconut milk, though it's weird that it had gone away during Whole30 even while you were drinking the coconut milk. I wouldn't have thought it would be the stevia, but then again that's the one thing you've added back. If you wanted to rule out coconut milk, you'd need to leave it out of your diet for a while, and then if the problem went away, you could add it back in and see what happened.

It's also possible that even though your seasonal allergies are generally controlled through shots, that there's something in the air where you are that isn't usually, or that there's just generally more of whatever you're allergic to in the air, and the shots are not quite enough to control it at the moment. You might talk to your allergy doctor and see if they have any thoughts about that. 

Thanks Shannon. I had no coconut milk this am: coffee with just the stevia. When I talked on phone no clearing throat. So not ready to say it’s the coconut milk . Am seeing allergist tomorrow. I’m starting whole 30 again in tomorrow’s challenge and will go off stevia then. Not sure how long I should stay on whole 30 to clear out any issues, and hen try reintroduction slower this time.  My food issues seems to be maybe too much of nuts and fried compline foods. Up a bit on scales but I’m napping again in afternoon and wasn’t before. Thanks for your advice

Archived