Chips

SaraEC

Hello, I am on day 16 of my Whole30. I have a couple social events this weekend. I bought some sparkling water and some veggie chips (I read the labels and they are ok for Whole30), but I just got home and read in the Whole30 day-by-day book that chips are not allowed. Given the context (party-outdoor social event), an I allowed to bring (and eat) some of these chips? These are not chips I bought for home use, just for these events. 

Hi Sara, congrats on making it to Day 16!  Whole30-ing during social events is hard but half of the battle is coming prepped so you’re halfway there. Even though the chips are made with Whole30 compliant ingredients, those are not in the spirit of the Whole30. Same for fried kale chips or Whole30 dough for your piazza or frozen “nice cream” fruits. Part of the power of going through a Whole30 is that it helps you overcome cravings. When you eat a veggie chip, your brain really only sees “crunchy, salty, fatty” snacks and your sugar dragon will rear its ugly head.  Couple recommendations: eat a mini meal before your event or bring your sparkling water with raw veggies, a hard boiled egg, maybe some store bought approved guacamole. That should keep the hunger at bay and allow you to fully enjoy being around great people with good conversation! Good luck :)

Archived