Coffee

Angi04

I'm struggling with coffee.  I like my coffee with CoffeeMate Creamer.  Just plain creamer, not the sweetened kind.  It's non-dairy, but I haven't seen anywhere that it's okay to use.  I purchased Nut Pods as a creamer replacement and this is my second day and I just don't like them and have to put a ton in which makes my coffee not as hot as I like it.  I had horrible heartburn all day after having one cup of coffee with the Nut Pods in it.   I was dragging all day too and I sit at a computer working from home all day so the dragging part is horrible.  Any advice?

• Administrators

Bummer that you're struggling with this. Seems minor but can make such a big impact on our day! It's a fairly common issue so we would say to go ahead and google "Whole30 coffee" for lots of forum suggestions. The most common suggestions are that you try a higher quality coffee and transition to drinking it black. You can try adding some cinammon to the brew as well as it cuts down on a bit of the bitterness. Doing a cold brew process is also popular as it makes a more mellow coffee. You can still heat it up afterward if you prefer your coffee hot.

Archived