Day 11 rash on palms of hands and soles of feet

I have had few to no side effects starting out on W30. Today is day 14.

On day 9, my left palm started itching and by day 12, I had places on the soles of both feet (including the arches and some but not all of my toes) that started itching. My right hand remains normal  

The only questionable that food I’ve eaten, albeit a very small amount, is the clarified butter I made (not certain I did that right). I did a 30 day wheat/dairy elimination last year without any troubles when I reintroduced dairy, so I’m doubtful that this is the culprit. 

The photo shows how the rash on my hand has blistered as of this morning.

Has anyone else had this experience? I’d like to continue 30 days but am going to jump off this train soon if the rash doesn’t improve. 

7A0C72A0-1E86-4890-AD3C-BF59A733F91F.jpeg

• Moderators

You might want to speak to your doctor, just to make sure it's not something that's not good related.

Is there something you're eating a lot more of now? Some people find that some foods are okay in small quantities, but that once they hit a certain amount, their body reacts.

• 3 months later...

I too, experienced this same thing on D9R1 when I tried Whole 30 in September.  I could not finish my round in September only lasted about 22 days.  I needed meds to clear this up.

I am trying the January Whole 30 now and yet again on Day 9 my hands and feet started to itch and swollen.  This time I am soaking my feet and hands in cool espom salts detoxing and calming scents.  I also am using a calming no itch cream with only 3 ingredients in it.   Since I experienced this in Sept I am thinking it must be Detox of some kind.  Kar_e_w how long did you experience this and what did you do?

• Moderators

Do you have a latex allergy that you know of? Many people that are sensitive to latex don't notice this until they start eating a ton of latex reactive foods such as avocado, banana, chestnuts, apples, carrots, celery, tomato, potato - so like Shannon said for both of you, you may want to go to the doctor to rule this out.

Archived