Monday, Nov 5 - Starting Today! Who's with me?

Samantha10021

Hi everyone! Figured today was as good a day as ever to start. Just ran the NYC marathon yesterday and wrapped up a tough season of training, and want to try this before we really get in the thick of the holidays. Thanksgiving is easy enough (meat, vegetables, and pass on pumpkin pie!). 4 hours down, 30 days to go. Who's with me? 

Yay! Congrats on the marathon! I'll be training this winter to run one next spring! The New York though! That's incredible! How did you do!?

I started my 4th round of whole30 yesterday! Was going to start today but come Saturday brunch I was satisfied to have that be my "last meal" ^_^ 

Happy Day 1!

I am starting today. I'm aware that Thanksgiving will be a challenge. Spending it with friends who drink a lot and that has always been how we connect. They are also huge foodies. Any advice on navigating habits with certain groups of friends? Wanting to be included but finding a way to do that isn't focused on food and drink?

I am excited. Also, I'd love an accountability buddy if anyone is game.

Hello!

I started yesterday, the 5th, as well.  Needing a reset as I've found bad habits creeping back in.  

@Samantha10021 Congrats on the marathon, that's amazing!!!

@DLB When navigating with friends, I've found it easiest to find ways to not feel "left out" as friends are drinking/indulging.  I'll stock up on La Croix to enjoy; if at a party, I'll bring W30 compliant snacks for the group.  Also, it helps to remember that the next day you will feel FANTASTIC while they may be waking up to a hangover lol.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!  Hope everyone is having a good Day #2!.

Archived