Started on 12/3!

Larisa0001

I say "starting", but it's really "restarting."  I ate pretty strict Paleo for years, and did a "whole 30" type of thing long before I knew it was a thing, for 8 months prior to trying to conceive.  It worked, I got pregnant very quickly, and almost immediately fell off the wagon.  The pregnancy and first year of baby-rearing were very hard for me, and I was in survival mode just trying to get through the days.

The kid is now 3 and I'm ready to get back on the wagon.  I kinda eased into it for a week prior to the official start, so I've been at it for 10 days now.   Even after these few days, it just feels natural.  Really, if you think about it, it's just "eat real food".  No fake processed crap, no weird chemical ingredients that didn't even exist 100 years ago - just real food.  It's kinda sad that we live in such a sick culture that just the simple act of eating the food that is natural for Homo Sapiens requires a trademark, a justification, and a "special diet" label, whereas the act of eating processed yuck is just "normal eating".  It's backwards. 

I don't need to lose any weight, but I have some skin issues that are already clearing up, so I'm happy.  My spouse is joining me on the program.  The kiddo is not, though she is eating more veggies these days.  

• Administrators
On 12/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, Larisa0001 said:

Really, if you think about it, it's just "eat real food".  No fake processed crap, no weird chemical ingredients that didn't even exist 100 years ago - just real food.  It's kinda sad that we live in such a sick culture that just the simple act of eating the food that is natural for Homo Sapiens requires a trademark, a justification, and a "special diet" label, whereas the act of eating processed yuck is just "normal eating".  It's backwards. 

Isn't this the truth? And then in January when they rank the "best and worst diets", we come in dead last after all the restriction and processed food nonsense programs. Nutty!

When asked why I wasn't out enjoying a craft beer with him last Sunday, my husband replied that I was out for a hike, wasn't drinking alcohol and was only eating good quality meats and vegetables. He usually does a pretty disastrous job of describing W30 but that was pretty spot on for the short and sweet version. That IS nutty in SAD terms!

Archived