A coward checks in

Desmo

Greetings from 1-week in, I was unsure if I was able to succeed, but after my first 7-days, I thought I'd "up the ante" and confess that I've begun the program. Now I've got peer pressure as well as my remaining determination.  I've been by-the-book so far and have experienced most of the symtoms outlined as early stage, although my sleep has been terrible. I'm 68, male and cooking for myself... some of my change in body distribution can be attributed to my loss of desire to eat my cooking... more to come.   

I applaud your bravery Desmo.  I am a 57 year old male, I do have a roommate who appreciates my cooking when I share it, but I mostly cook for myself.  I have completed two Whole 30's and experienced profound health benefits from them.  I hope you will complete your Whole 30, and I am here to support you.

Hey @Desmo! Starting something as major as a W30 is anything but cowardly. Congrats on finishing your first week and during the holidays, too! I'm close to finishing my 3rd W30 and, even though the first one was challenging, I think I get more out of each one but in different ways each time. I did my first one with my mother and we supported each other. I lurked around the forums but didn't participate. I didn't tell anyone when I started my second one because I wasn't sure I had the motivation to succeed but I came here and got hooked up with a good group and found my commitment and my voice. The resources here are terrific and if you need some inspiration for cooking, just ask!

• Administrators
On 12/23/2018 at 5:52 AM, Desmo said:

Greetings from 1-week in, I was unsure if I was able to succeed, but after my first 7-days, I thought I'd "up the ante" and confess that I've begun the program. Now I've got peer pressure as well as my remaining determination.  I've been by-the-book so far and have experienced most of the symtoms outlined as early stage, although my sleep has been terrible. I'm 68, male and cooking for myself... some of my change in body distribution can be attributed to my loss of desire to eat my cooking... more to come.   

Consider your ante, upped! :) Welcome! Sleep tends to regulate a bit after the first 7-14 days, so stay strong! Get a little nap in earlier in the day if you need it so you're less likely to disrupt your night time rest. 

Archived