Starting Jan 6, 2019

StaceeK

I’m 44 years old and have an almost 4 year old.  When I was at my dr appointment last week, I told her I’ve been experiencing extreme fatigue.  One of the things she mentioned was trying the Whole30.  That intrigued me so I decided to look into that.  I’ve since then have ordered The Whole 30 - The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom and the Whole 30 Day by Day.  

I’m currently reading The Whole 30 book and once completed plan to start the 30 days.  I’ve selected Jan 6th as my start time since I feel that will give me time to read the book, prepare a meal plan and get the ingredients I need.  I’m excited to try this program.  If anyone has any suggestions to anything else I may need to get please share that with me.  I’ve started following the Whole30 Recipes on Instagram for another source of food ideas.

I will be doing this on my own so will be reading through the Forums for support.

Stacee

I'll be starting this weekend as well. 

It's tough to do it on your own, but not impossible.  Keep it simple by using meals you already cook that are already totally compliant, and tweek the ones that are almost compliant.  Don't try to make all new meals every day, your family might think you are punishing them.  You WILL have days that you just don't have the energy to cook. That should pass after the first week or two.  That is where the batch cooking and slow cooker meals really help.

Take a magnifier glass with you to the grocery store to read the ingredients lists.  

I love the pork tenderloin recipe on page 252, with or without the salad greens.  Sometimes I just add a can of green beans or steamed cauliflower.  Tuna, chicken or egg salad with the Primal mayo (if you can find it locally) instead of the regular stuff.  

Hope this helps a little.

Hi! I am starting on the 7th.  First time and happy to hear you are starting around the same time.  The woman i was going to team up with just bailed so i am going it alone.

I’m a 45 year old single mama of a four year old and eager to get started.  Looking to reset my relationship with food.

Well I guess we can all do it together! I’m starting January 7. I am alone on this so I will be depending on all of you for support. And vice versa!

I’m a 53 year old woman who has become round following my hysterectomy several years ago. Regular diets and exercise are not working and I’m very frustrated. I have a “problem” with sugar and I think I’m insulin resistant. Hoping to break the habit this month and be able to tolerate looking at myself in the mirror 

BTW- the whole30 app is great because you can scan labels to see if the food is compliant. 

Hi! I am also starting my first whole 30 this weekend.  I am finishing reading It Starts with Food.  I already have my menu planned out and grocery list made.  Super excited to be on this journey with you all, we can do this! I am a big social media person and have already began sharing on my social IG page, feel free to go follow me @lifewithgwoo! 

Hi everyone,

I am also starting January 7th!  I am using this weekend to do my shopping and meal prep, but I am getting nervous that I am not prepared!  I have two teenagers at home (who are actually excited to do this with me!) which makes me more nervous because I want to ensure we have adequate meals planned, lunches etc.  I am excited to see how I feel following this program.  I could stand to lose weight, but also was diagnosed with arthritis in my spine during the summer.  I am hoping to have some relief with making better food choices!

Starting Jan 7th. I'm 33 ur old mom of 2 boys 11 and 4 .my body and health went downhill with no exact answer from Drs months after my 2nd child.  I just get that I have fibromyalgia, bad anxiety and I need to talk with someone. I even suffered sudden hearing loss 2 months afar in my right ear with no known cause.  I have extreme muscle tension pain 24/7 on my shoulders and mainly right arm area,  headaches,  never been then fat in my. Life. Did orange theory Fitness and didn't even loss weight . It's always been easy for me but after 2nd child nothing was.  I extremely pissy and sensitive t loud noises. It's a struggle daily to remain calm and not to eat crap food which I crave all day!  Let's hope I can be strong and do this.  My hardest thing is what to cook and eat.  I can buy all the items but then stare at it thinking  what to eat! 

• Moderators
On 1/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, Nak3cubs said:

BTW- the whole30 app is great because you can scan labels to see if the food is compliant

Just fyi there is no official whole30 app. Be sure you actually look at the label of everything you eat or drink for yourself to be sure that the information you're getting is accurate.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Abparton said:

My hardest thing is what to cook and eat.  I can buy all the items but then stare at it thinking  what to eat! 

You might benefit from doing something like a weekly cook up. It's a way to make sure that there is always food that you can eat with minimal cooking at meal time, although it will require you to cook a bunch once or twice a week.

This is where I first read about this idea:  http://meljoulwan.com/2010/01/14/paleo-kitchen-the-method-behind-my-madness/

If you have proteins already cooked and most of your vegetables either cooked or washed and chopped and ready to cook, at meal time you don't really need to think much. Just get out some sort of protein, some vegetables, heat them up if they need heating, add some kind of fat to the plate, and eat.

I'm starting the Whole30 today, Sunday January 6th too. Its my 4th time. I normally try to eat paleo, but I find that when I don't have set rules (like with Whole30), I slowly slip into more eating of sugar, corn, dairy, and wheat. From experience, I know none of those items agree with my system. I'm excited to start this journey. I'm also committing to 5 minutes per day of meditation and 3 workouts per week. I did a spin class this morning. I'm 40 and a single mom of a 5 year old boy. My weight is as high as its ever been, and I look forward to slimming down this month!

Hello everyone.  I thought I was going to start yesterday on the 6th, but all I did instead was cook.  So today is really my start date.  I spent all day yesterday making enough soups, boiled eggs and tuna patty cakes to make it through the week.  I have a pork roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight with leftovers.  I will try to make some more "make ahead" or "freezable" stuff during the week so it's not such an all day chore on the weekend again.  I feel like I wasted a beautiful day that I could have been outside in the sunshine.  Next weekend is looking to rain, bummer.  

I can, we can do this!

Archived