Starting January 27th & nervous!!

xFeistyWolfx

I've decided to start my Whole30 journey this coming Sunday, the 27th! I'm actually extremely nervous as my boyfriend will not doing it with me and we live together. I'm worried my cravings will kick in and I'll raid his snacks. However, I'm also extremely excited to do this and learn more about how food makes me feel!! Thanks for the support! 

You have to get your own snacks ready for when you need them.  Remember why are doing this.  I am going start soon.  Maybe I will be ready by the 27th and can be a partner for you.  I always do better when I have an accountability partner.  You can do this, but you have to want to!!  :) . Best of Luck!!

5 hours ago, jenwestphal said:

You have to get your own snacks ready for when you need them.  Remember why are doing this.  I am going start soon.  Maybe I will be ready by the 27th and can be a partner for you.  I always do better when I have an accountability partner.  You can do this, but you have to want to!!  :) . Best of Luck!!

Yes I plan on meal prepping and shopping this weekend so I hope to be well prepared! :) I also have a few of the cookbooks so hopefully that'll help. Let me know if you do start on the 27th as well! (Or shortly after too).

As long as you prepare, you'll do well! I still have non-compliant food in my house because I don't like wasting food, but I haven't touched it. When you get desperately snacky (I was in the first week) go for something that will fill you up, not necessarily what you're craving. It'll satisfy your body way more. Also since your bf isn't participating, you should also definitely meal prep (kudos for already planning that!) and make sure you have quick meals ready to go so you don't reach for his convenient but non-compliant foods.

Most of all, have fun with it! I've eaten recipes I never would have tried before and they're great! I don't even miss the dairy or grains or legumes in most things I make because the recipe just doesn't need it. The forum is a great place to find new meals, so definitely stick around :) Good luck!

I wish I was ready to start this weekend because I would.  I need to get myself organized better.  I am working on trying to find a coffee creamer I like before I actually start.  I tried cashew milk and coconut oil, but I ordered a nutpods creamer online that I am going to try.  I will need to plan my meals ahead of time.  I ordered a whole 30 book today from Amazon with recipes.  My problem is that I am picky.  I am not a fan of many vegetables.  So I hope that I do not get bored with the choices I make.  What have you done to plan better?

I'm also picky with vegetables. I have some frozen ones and get some fresh every week and I just prepare them different ways to avoid boredom. Different seasonings, sauteed vs steamed, incorporated with protein or as a side, etc. Have some proteins in the freezer for those days when you're running low on food and can't go to the store. I just take them out in the morning or whenever I meal prep and they're good to go for dinner. I also tried some new spices and spice mixes to liven things up. It's different for everyone, but the idea is to have as diverse meals as you can within what you like eating.

10 minutes ago, jenwestphal said:

I am working on trying to find a coffee creamer I like before I actually start.

I read somewhere that if you have to have milk/creamer/sugar in your coffee then you don't really like coffee.  Or something to that effect.  My man likes to add so much milk and sugar to his morning coffee that it really is more of a coffee flavored milk drink.

As for me, to drink the coffee black I had to start with diluting it down.  I can't drink it straight at full strength.  So the kettle goes on the stove while the coffee pot is working.  Since I live with someone else I can't just make it to the strength I can handle and this seemed to be the best compromise. I don't drink it all day so I don't have a problem there. 

It will still take you a few mornings for your taste to adjust to it but you will eventually find your happy medium. 

I like most veggies so I'm hoping I won't really have a problem with it. I agree with the comments that it's all about being prepared so I hope I can do that well. I've also just been reading a lot about Whole30 and joining this forum to read other people's experiences is helpful! I'm learning stuff to help me get ready each day! 

Side note, I just found out I'll be going out of state for 4 days during my last week of the 30 days. So now I'm worried that's going to screw up my 3 weeks prior. :unsure: any advice is always appreciated and I'll probably check the forum for if that happened with anyone else!!

Archived