Day 20 and I'm so bored....

Ugh!! I'm at the end of day 20 and I feel so bored of what I've been eating and so ready to quit. Is this normal around this time? Like, I just want a cheeseburger with a bun. Mac N Cheese sounds good. This morning I was missing my normal coffee creamer super bad. I've been totally compliant and I've eaten about 700 eggs. Not really, but it feels that way. And I'd LOVE to know for sure if I have made any progress. I feel like that would help me right now. :(

Anyone else feel like this?? 

• Moderators

Food boredom is pretty normal. Is there a new recipe you want to try? Or something that would seem like a special meal? For me, that would usually be steak, sweet potato, grilled zucchini, and some kombucha or some sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice in a nice glass. For you, it might be something else -- shrimp, cauliflower "grits," and a nice salad, or grilled salmon, green beans, and a baked potato. Or maybe find a compliant restaurant and go out for a meal. 

As for results, this article has a link to a checklist of non-scale victories:  https://whole30.com/2016/02/nsv/.

I suspect when you say "progress" you mean you want to know what the scale says, but that is such a tiny part of your overall health. Look at the list, and feel free to add other things you may have noticed. Print the list and check them off, or write down the ones you've experienced, and keep that list where you see it. Add to it if you think of something else. And before you step on the scale on day 31, re read your list so that no matter what the scale says, you remember the benefits you have felt.

Archived