Ending whole30 early

Hello all.

I am on day 28 of my whole30. I lost my job on day 17 and have had no slip ups this month. I am proud to have made it thus far despite dramatic life changes. However, I am now in France and I have no kitchen nor the money to go to restaurants daily for food. That leaves me with raw vegetables and fruit am I am SO hungry. I am considering ending my whole30 today, with my first non compliant meal tomorrow, just so I can eat and not be hungry and cranky all day. Feedback?

KC

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kaceycamp_bell said:

Hello all.

I am on day 28 of my whole30. I lost my job on day 17 and have had no slip ups this month. I am proud to have made it thus far despite dramatic life changes. However, I am now in France and I have no kitchen nor the money to go to restaurants daily for food. That leaves me with raw vegetables and fruit am I am SO hungry. I am considering ending my whole30 today, with my first non compliant meal tomorrow, just so I can eat and not be hungry and cranky all day. Feedback?

KC

Sorry to hear about your difficulty.  It's entirely up to you whether you end now or later.  If you're not able to find prepared hard boiled eggs or other protein and it's nothing but raw veggies, then yes, it might be better to stop for now and try again when you're in a more stable place.  Either way, there's no guilt or morality tied to whether with this life change you need to change the way you're managing your food for the time being.  Good luck!

• 11 months later...

Hello, I am reading this a year late, so kaceycamp_bell will probably not be in France any more ... but I just wanted to say that starting whole 30, and being French living in France I am finding it absolutely do-able. Of course if you are visiting, it may be a pity not to eat bread, cheese, wine, butter ... so best not to schedule a trip during a Whole 30 period. But ...oysters straight from the sea in their own sea brine ... baby carrots steamed with new turnips and snow peas ... farm fed chicken roasted with thyme and stuffed with lemons .. new potatoes sautéed with extra virgin olive oil and guerande salt ... just picked just ripe Comince pears added to a fresh leek soup ... wild strawberries  seasoned with ground very black pepper ...this also is French cooking ...

Archived