Took the plunge on 2/4. Have become one with chopping board

Stever

I told myself to join the forum on my start date Monday but I've been so busy cooking that I haven't had time. Excited and humbly admit I'm not very good in the kitchen, despite my advanced age, so its been a labor-heavy week. But proud of myself for stepping up. Feeling committed so far.

Welcome and good on ya for stepping up and making this work for you! "Busy cooking" would describe my Whole 30 experience - it's a lot of chopping and cleaning up but, once you get used to it, it's delicious. :) I'm on day 37 of a W40 and have loved the experience thus far - looking forward to reintroducing in a few days!

Before Whole30, "busy cooking" meant that I was probably stressing over getting dinner ready on time, knowing I'd be stuck with either doing dishes myself or a bad attitude from my 14yo, and really just dreading the after-dinner clean-up process...

Now, "busy cooking" is fun and I even de-stress along the way by washing dishes as I go. (Yes, washing dishes usually relaxes me, go figure!)

Congratulations on stepping up, truly. You're at the start of a great kitchen journey, and the experience is not only going to bring you into a new appreciation for amazing food that tastes good and is really good for you, but it'll also bring you more confidence in the kitchen as you conquer each new thing. If something does go awry, try to go with the flow and don't let it get you down. Good luck!

Archived