Eating later in evening

Laura H

I am just starting my reintroduction and found myself in a situation. The menu was changed without my knowledge for a family birthday get together so I was not prepared. All I was able to eat at the dinner was the plain salad. I have just started grains (non-gluten oatmeal and popcorn) into my diet and was still was hungry when I got home. I decided to cook up some gluten free pasta when I got home and had it with ghee and salt and pepper. This was after 8:30 pm. I woke with an extremely hard headache and a bit of stuffiness. Now I am not sure if this is a result of what I ate or from eating so late. Has anyone experienced this sort of situation? I tried to search this topic but didn’t see anything.

I've never run into adverse reactions based on meal timing, though I have run into worse reactions from specific foods based on meal timing (my guess is that this came from the difference in my own body position and activities that followed soon after eating, like I might experience different symptoms if I'm sitting than if I'm running or laying down to rest). The headache and stuffiness both sound like food reactions, though, unless it's maybe weather-related (barometric pressure changes definitely affect me on both of those counts).

Archived