Post Whole30 specifics

tltroester

I'm in my first Whole 30 and receiving the whole30 daily. Surprised to read that even Melissa had weird cravings and dreams on her last Whole30. So could I get more specifics on how you recommend eating after whole30. I've read around the site but I still pictured eating pretty close to Whole30 afterward, and again just surprised that another whole30 could still involve weird cravings and dreams if you haven't strayed too far from that. thanks.

If you're getting the Whole30 Daily, you'll be pleased to know that Day 31 contains a complete reintroduction schedule. Basically you reintroduce one food group at a time while keeping the rest of your diet compliant with 3 days inbetween food groups but it does spell it all out for you.

To add what our brilliant Kirsteen said, you are getting valuable info by adding food groups in. However, for the long term, you don't need to eat dairy, gluten, legumes, soy, sugar etc. if you don't want them in your life.

• 1 month later...

There are things that I eat when not Whole30-ing that I consider healthy and regular to eat (85% dark chocolate, in particular springs to mind, the occasional Paleo-ified dessert or similar treat). I've actually been craving those pretty significantly this Whole30. I haven't been craving some other things. And, there are things I know I'm generally better off without (in my case, gluten, and most dairy).

I think even if the holidays hadn't been a return to some not so great eating habits, I probably would have cravings during Whole30, just because there are thigns I normally "can" eat that I'm choosing not to for this period. Some of those things are foods I should avoid, but the ones I really, really obsess over aren't necessarily (there's a dark chocolate bar in my pantry calling my name, I swear).

I think there is a lot of assumption that everyone doing the Whole30 know the ins and outs of the paleo diet, and therefore can basically go paleo/primal after doing a Whole30. But, for those who don't really know much about that but discovered the Whole30 and tried it, I think it is very important to really read up and understand what the paleo/primal diet is. I think having that knowledge and the experience of doing a Whole30/reintroduction to see what you personally can or cannot tolerate will give you the tools to decide what you want to do with your diet. Everyone has their own individual tweaks to this way of eating, so it's hard to spell out what another person should specifically eat.

It Starts with Food is great (if you haven't already read it), but also branch out and read blogs/books written by others authors in the paleo community. Really understand why certain foods are considered bad, o.k., or great in the paleo diet. With that understanding and the intimate insight you'll gain from the Whole30/reintroduction schedule, you'll be able to put together the healthiest diet for you. Remember, we're also undoing years of bad nutrition information too, so I think it does take some digging in to the topic to figure it out for yourself.

Archived