Almond Milk

Good evening!  I am very new with the Whole30.  Just started yesterday.  I purchased some almond milk and I was reading one forum where it's hard to find almond milk that is Whole30 Compliant.  Can someone please verify that all these ingredients are compliant? I do not want to get off to a bad start by drinking something I shouldn't. Thank you!

ALMONDMILK (FILTERED WATER, ALMONDS), CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, GELLAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D2, D-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL (NATURAL VITAMIN E

I have no idea if this is compliant or not. But I do know that when I was faced with the same problem I read you’re not really supposed to drink your food and that they’d rather you just eat some almonds. So I just didn’t buy any.

• Moderators

@Kelli70 this is fine. It has gotten much easier to find compliant almond milk than it used to be, so you may have been seeing older posts.

@Pandora Black, you're correct that it's best not to just drink juices or milk substitutes, but there are people who put a splash of almond milk in their coffee or tea, or who use it in recipes, and those uses are fine. 

5 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

@Kelli70 this is fine. It has gotten much easier to find compliant almond milk than it used to be, so you may have been seeing older posts.

@Pandora Black, you're correct that it's best not to just drink juices or milk substitutes, but there are people who put a splash of almond milk in their coffee or tea, or who use it in recipes, and those uses are fine. 

Yes, that’s true. Sorry I assumed if she was using it for only coffee she would have called it creamer.

I have yet to see a recipe that calls for almond milk that isn’t a paleofied treat of some sort, so using it in recipes didn’t occur to me.

Archived