Dairy reintroduction-anxiety, nerve pain, and sinus flare up

AR3825

I completed my whole 30 on Wednesday and reintroduced dairy yesterday. I had mucous build up and sinus pain immediately after breakfast. Then bad smell/bad taste and nausea happened. For breakfast I had sour cream and cheese with my scrambled eggs and yogurt with lunch. Then before bed, I had a hand packed pint from Braums. Ice cream is my favorite thing in the world so that was a religious experience. I woke up in the middle of the night with the pinched nerve in my neck that sends pain in my elbow and my thumb. I hadn't woken up in the middle of the night with neck pain since I had started. Today I have gone back to strict Whole30. Here is what is concerning. I haven't had bad anxiety in a long time and I haven't been paranoid in an even longer time. My skin was crawling I was so anxious and I was pretty sure my relationship was not in a good place and someone will backstab me at some point. Did anyone who reintroduced dairy have anxiety over take them like this? Do you think I should redo it to make sure if it was the dairy or the added sugar that triggered my anxiety that bad? I really hope it wasn't the ice cream because I can honestly live without everything else I ate yesterday.

• Moderators

I would probably either retest dairy, but with no sugar, or do a day of sugar reintroduction, whichever seems better to you. Either one could cause anxiety, there's not a way to say for sure which did it for you, or if it was the combo of the two of them.

I will do a sugar day. The only dairy I really care about after that day is the ice cream. Everything else is not something I want to eat, and after the bad smell/bad taste mucousy thing I can live without it.

Archived