Starting tomorrow!

eIissa

I lost a bunch of weight from 2016 to 2018 through calorie counting and maintained it up until the beginning of this year, when my habits got a little wacky and I began to feel disillusioned with the process, in no small part due to some major life changes. I've contemplated doing the Whole30 to recalibrate my relationship with food for a while now. Recently, I've experienced some GI issues that I suspect are due to my diet, which led me to decide to embark on the Whole30 once and for all. Tomorrow's day 1 - let's do this!

8 hours ago, eIissa said:

It's going great, thank you for asking! Here's my log if you're curious: 

Looking great! really varied and inventive :)

Just fyi though, your squares of chocolate and the banana-coconut bites wouldn't be compliant - while the ingredients technically are, having chocolate as a treat (rather than mixed into a savoury recipe, for example) is a no-no, as is making dessert/treat type things out of compliant ingredients.

44 minutes ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Looking great! really varied and inventive :)

Just fyi though, your squares of chocolate and the banana-coconut bites wouldn't be compliant - while the ingredients technically are, having chocolate as a treat (rather than mixed into a savoury recipe, for example) is a no-no, as is making dessert/treat type things out of compliant ingredients.

Thanks for your feedback/concern! The banana-coconut bites were used as an energy supplement the way some people consume Larabars/RXBars on the program (which I'd argue are far more dessert-like, although they also contain some amount of protein), and the chocolate was consumed alongside the mango to add another dimension to the flavor (100% chocolate is ruefully doing nothing for my Sugar Dragon). In any event, improving my relationship with food, especially foods-with-no-brakes, is a big part of why I embarked on the program, and I wouldn't want to do anything to compromise that! I am going to be more watchful for treat-like things in the future. 

It all looks great. I am not used to using the food log. I have always used this the forum to post everything primarily so the moderators can keep track of what I am doing and comment if they see anything amiss. I see now that most of Whole 30 has moved off the forum and into the food logs now. I will have to check that more often.  

On 5/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, eIissa said:

I lost a bunch of weight from 2016 to 2018 through calorie counting and maintained it up until the beginning of this year, when my habits got a little wacky and I began to feel disillusioned with the process, in no small part due to some major life changes. I've contemplated doing the Whole30 to recalibrate my relationship with food for a while now. Recently, I've experienced some GI issues that I suspect are due to my diet, which led me to decide to embark on the Whole30 once and for all. Tomorrow's day 1 - let's do this!

Congratulations on embarking on this great food experiment. I call myself a Weight Watchers Survivor :) I lost >85lb over 5 years starting 15 years ago by following WW rules. When menopause hit, I regained 20lbs without so much as a twitch in dietary changes so I redoubled my WW efforts. I was down to about 950 - 1100 kcals per day, starving and losing weight at about 1 lb per month. It wasn't sustainable and I felt terrible. People keep telling you that you need to eat more to lose weight but, eating more of WW sanctioned foods (especially the free legumes and dairy) just made me gain weight rapidly.

Like you, I became disillusioned and started to resign myself into being 20 lbs above my ideal weight when I stumbled on W30. I dove in wholeheartedly following every single rule - even though that was hard! So much food! So much fat! So much meat!

Since my first W30 started January 3, I've lost >20lbs and eat like a horse. My 8 year battle with plantar fasciitis resolved with a whimper. My IBS is well under control. I feel better than I have in years. I have just finished a second W30 (athough, other than a glass of wine with my mom at lunch the otherday, I haven't changd my diet - slow roll indeed) and plan to do 3 to 4 a year as necessary.

Good luck with yours. Your meals look AWESOME! Hope all works well for you and you have a great result.

Archived