Beginning June 1

AliciaRenee08

I will be restarting on June 1st too. I am planing on posting my food log here as well. I started in May but so have been having issues with my allergies and asthma that lead to an infection so I had to go off because some of the handles for it were non-compliant. 

Drs have changed my inhaler to one that doesn’t cause hoarseness. I am hoping this new one will work. 

I am hoping to improve my relationship with food, allergies & asthma (caused by allergies), sleep, cholesterols, high blood pressure and other things. 

This weekend I am starting to wean off of things so I won’t have a hard time the first 3-5 days. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach
3 hours ago, Elizabeth33 said:

This weekend I am starting to wean off of things so I won’t have a hard time the first 3-5 days. 

That is such a good idea!! Your "hangover" won't be as severe hopefully :)

2 hours ago, AliciaRenee08 said:

Thanks everyone! I am trying to plan week 1 meals now! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Keep it simple. 

Start with meals you already like that may already be compliant, or can be slightly tweeked into compliance.  New recipes are fun but can be daunting the first week when you are trying to learn the ropes.  

Make more than you need.  Leftovers will become your best friend.

Read EVERY label.  Spices, broths, canned or frozen fruit or veggies...sometimes they change their formulas mid-Whole30 on us. 

Don't forget to add the fat to every meal.  After you have cooked it, add the ghee or oil.

One of my fav make ahead breakfast recipes...https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/264076/cabbage-and-eggs/.  Make sure to use ghee instead of butter, and add some Aidell's sausage to change it up.

On 5/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, Elizabeth33 said:

I started in May but so have been having issues with my allergies and asthma that lead to an infection so I had to go off because some of the handles for it were non-compliant. 

This allergy season has been particularly bad. Both my daughter and I ended up with allergy-induced pink eye and my son's turned into a sinus infection. Too much medication has been needed this year. Hope your symptoms have improved!

Today is also day 1 for me. Doing a Whole30 with an online group makes it more enjoyable for me, and helps with accountability. I would love to hear updates on how everyone is doing this month!

Congrats to all!

I'm also starting today, June 1st!  My husband and coworker are also doing the program, my coworker has done it a few months ago and it has changed the way she feels. 

I do need to lose a large amount of weight, but honestly I'm looking forward to the discipline aspect, although scary.  I have never done a program or diet (although  I know this isn't a diet).  I have done WW over the years with success but I always struggled with the discipline of keeping myself accountable and actually taking care of my body.  I know this time I can do this!

Angela

Archived