Reintroduction Introduction

On day 27 of my 3rd 30. Totally blew reintroduction my last 2 attempts & quickly returned to unhealthy eating. Don’t trust my perceptions and am afraid I’ll bs my way back to where I was. Would appreciate feedback to prevent this and to be held accountable.

Decided to fast tract and will begin w/ legumes on 31 which is Tuesday. Even though I’m experiencing NSV’s I have to admit the weight loss is a major motivator. Any thoughts on using scale/% body fat/ waist circumference as one of the things to provide feedback during reintroduction? Some of the other things I’m supposed to monitor seem so subjective.

Day 34. Successfully completed the 30. Felt better than I have in a long time. More energy lost 14 lbs/ 2.25 “ off the waist/ decreased 2%body fat.

So I reintroduced legumes. Ate peanut butter on apple for breakfast. Humus on carrots and celery at lunch. Peanuts roasted in shell for snack. Retried beans at dinner.

I really didn’t notice any changes in my energy/mood/digestion/sleep etc. Then I got on scale after going back on the 30 for 2 days. Despite 60 minutes of rigorous exercise each day I found that I had gained 2.5lbs and increased 1% body fat.

This is why I don’t trust relying on subjective evaluation of whether to exclude a food group. Would have said legumes were OK. Obviously Not!

I don't have any useful thoughts regarding using measurements or even weight as a judging factor during reintro, I'm afraid. My reactions to the foods were definitely noticeable enough that I didn't even care whether or not they were affecting my weight and measurements. Another thing to consider is that weight can vary throughout the day, regardless of what you're eating, so that might not be the best gauge of how foods affect you :) unless you're measuring over a longer period of time rather than just basing it off one day of interactions with those foods. Also remember that unless you're actually prone to eat that much in the way of legumes in a given day, it might be perfectly fine for you to eat them occasionally without it affecting you in a huge way. Definitely give yourself the 2 days of compliance to see if you have any delayed reactions, too (my reactions to peanut and soy didn't make themselves evident until 12-24 hours after eating them).

The other thing about weight gain during reintro is that, depending how low carb you were during your round, you may have depleted your glycogen levels (which is stored  as liquid in your muscles) and when you eat carbs your glycogen levels restore and it shows up as a weight gain.  It's analagous to weighing when you're really dehydrated and then drinking water.  It's not fat, and isn't true weight gain.

That’s very insightful. I have been hitting fairly rigorous exercise 5 to 6 days per week alternating cardio 

and strength training  since beginning the 30. Also had begun a 3 day  creatine load which I stopped after I read about it causing weight gain due to muscle water retention. Only stopped 2 days before weigh in. That probably confused things

Archived