Saloni's Whole30 Log

SassySal

This is round 4 day 1. This will probably be a Whole60.

I'm restarting for the second time!

I feel so sleepy today after having eaten rice, beans, sugar and milk yesterday. I don't blame myself though, I was at a job interview and wasn't expecting that I'd have to stay for lunch and I needed to eat so I'd have energy for the rest of the interview process.

Honestly it doesn't even feel too bad restarting, because now that I'm on round 4 I understand that this is a lifelong commitment, not something I'm doing for 30 days. So it's all part of a process.

I've had joint pain today too. And don't feel like doing my mindful yoga or going to the gym.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I made Moroccon chicken and carrot slaw from the Whole30 Cookbook today! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emma, yes the carrot slaw is fantastic! It's in the recipe for Moroccan chicken in the Whole30 Cookbook.

Today is Day 13. Yesterday I made North African skillet chicken and potato noodles! They were delish!

I've been experiencing a lot of acidity this time around.

I'm taking a compliant magnesium supplement and I think that's helping me with my digestion, mood and sleep.

I had a bad skin breakout in early June and that's starting to clear up.

31 minutes ago, SassySal said:

Hi Emma, yes the carrot slaw is fantastic! It's in the recipe for Moroccan chicken in the Whole30 Cookbook.

Today is Day 13. Yesterday I made North African skillet chicken and potato noodles! They were delish!

I've been experiencing a lot of acidity this time around.

I'm taking a compliant magnesium supplement and I think that's helping me with my digestion, mood and sleep.

I have the cook book, but haven't opened it up yet. You're making me think I need to do so!!! I take Natural Calm and have been now for years. I like it a lot and I look forward to having it at bedtime. Weird that you're experiencing acidity this time. Any thoughts on what is causing it?

What's Natural Calm--is it magnesium? (I live in India, so we don't have the same brand names.) Don't know about the acidity. I'm just hoping it's part of the process--maybe the microbes in my gut are adjusting to the new food? Also I've stopped exercising, so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm being optimistic and believing that the micro-organisms in my gut are coming into balance. :-) Are you on round at the moment? Today is day 14 for me. I'm shooting for a Whole90 this time!

R4D17: I think tiger blood is here! And not a minute too soon! Yesterday was probably the hardest day for me. I was so tempted to quit. And day 15 too. But today is awesome! I was up at 1 am working! And then did some more work in the morning. So basically I wrote two whole articles between 1 am and 11 am. In spite of the fact that today is SATURDAY and I start a new full time job this Monday!

• Whole30 Certified Coach
On 7/20/2019 at 3:35 AM, SassySal said:

R4D17: I think tiger blood is here! And not a minute too soon! Yesterday was probably the hardest day for me. I was so tempted to quit. And day 15 too. But today is awesome! I was up at 1 am working! And then did some more work in the morning. So basically I wrote two whole articles between 1 am and 11 am. In spite of the fact that today is SATURDAY and I start a new full time job this Monday!

Best of luck today at the new job, and keep pushing forward with your progress!! :)

Congratulations on the tiger blood and your articles and on your new job!! Natural Calm is a magnesium supplement. I don't know how it is any different than others other than it's a powder that one adds to hot water. I really like it a lot. 

Archived