Not seeing any NSV so far

hezzer78

I'm on day 19 of my September whole30 and I'm kind of tempted to quit. I'm not really seeing any NSV. I'm still feeling hungry between meals and I'm still eating 2-3 snacks a day. I'm also crazy tired and I'm finding it super hard to get up in the mornings. I also feel like I'm craving sugar and the bad foods I used to eat with the same intensity as I used to (wine has been a bad thing I've been craving SUPER hard lately). I kind of thought these symptoms would have passed by now. Anyone do a whole30 and still end up feeling like they were on day 1 even when they were at the end of the program? 

I'm tempted to throw in the towel..

• Moderators

If you're consistently hungry between meals, maybe you don't have the meal size or proportions quite right for your needs. The meal template suggests a range of portions and is a minimum to eat, so if you're currently eating one palm of protein and one thumb of fat, you could bump those up, and you can always add veggies. If you aren't already, be sure you have at least one fist-sized serving of starchy vegetables each day. These include potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, winter squashes like butternut or acorn or kabocha squash,  or plantains. 

If you are hungry between meals, try to have a mini-meal with protein, fat, and vegetables or at least two of the three. 

If you want more specific feedback on your meals, you're welcome to list a day or two of typical meals including approximate portion sizes, and include whatever snacks you are having.

Here is a rough idea of my meals..

Breakfast - 2 or 3 eggs, 2 bacon, kale (sometimes some sweet potato or white potato)

Snack - tomatoes, celery, carrots, and either a cup of bone broth OR a meat stick

Lunch - approx 4 oz of protein, 1-2 cups of veggies, 1-1.5 servings of fat (avocado, coconut oil, olive oil), approx 4 oz of starch (sweet potato or potato) 1 serving of fruit (plum, grapes, oranges, etc).

Snack - banana + nut butter, cup of bone broth or epic bar

Dinner - same as lunch  but no fruit

Sometimes if I'm really hungry before bed I'll have a tbsp or so of cashew butter.

Archived