Flu Shot OK (on Whole 30)?

I need to get the flu shot (it's an epidemic in my state). I've gotten the shot before with no issues. However, I wonder if my immune system is stressed on the diet? I'm on day one :). Has anyone had issues with the flu shot while on the Whole30? 

Please, no anti-vaccine comments. I'm pro-vaccine for the most part and I won't be convinced otherwise.

• Administrators

I agree and also suggest maybe you get it on a Thursday evening so that if by Friday afternoon you aren't feeling great you can rest over the weekend. We do it this way every year, just to cut ourselves some slack!

As a pharmacist, I think you should definitely get the flu shot. Even if your body is a little stressed it shouldn’t affect your body’s response to create antibodies or make you feel any more run down than how you usually react to a shot. Remember it takes 2 weeks to build protection and you’re more likely to pick up something more easily in that 2 weeks. So make sure your hand hygiene is good and you’re washing all your veggies well. 

Archived