D 29, head- & muscle aches since d 16

smumford

I am so glad I have the W30 day-by-day, as I can see how I felt

I have had increased headaches since day 10, but I powered through. I started getting back muscle aches on day 16, but powered through.

My energy started picked up on day 15, and I think I was getting Tiger Blood, but on day 20 I crashed mid-day and have had a constant headache since. My food has been consistent: 2 spinach egg "muffins" (sometimes with smoked salmon) & 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, meat (usually pressure-cooked shredded port or beef) & roast veggies for lunch, fruit & nuts about 4, meat (usually different shredded meat and different veg, but sometimes spiralized zucchini with compliant sauce & hamburger) for dinner.

I really want this to work, but yesterday my head hurt so much and my body ached and I just want to feel better. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, I salt. A LOT more than I am accustomed to. Water may be the issue - I drink about 30 oz tea before noon, and probably 20-30 oz water (or kefir water) the rest of the day, plus 12-16 oz tea after dinner.

I'll up my liquid intake. Thanks!

I think I figured it out! I added a small amount of dried fruit to my breakfast (3-5 apricots or prunes) and cut out the salmon and I feel like I did on day 19. While I am afraid of the sugar dragon, I feel that 8 days on increasing inability to function means that I need those simple carbs in the morning.

I am unhappy that I am essentially back 10 days, but plan to move forward with my s l o w re-introduction.

You could also try using starchy carbs in the morning, instead of the fruit. Something like sweet potatoes or butternut squash usually does really well for me, especially in helping to keep me stable and functioning as I move through the first part of my day. In fact, I've found through testing and tweaking that a half-fist of starchy carb as part of a template meal 1 is the only way I can expect to make it 5-6 hours until meal 2. (I have to avoid those same starchy vegetables in the afternoon though, or I'll be tired and generally "blah".)

Archived