Day 25 - Still Exhausted

Hi all - I'm on day 25 and I have been exhausted nearly every day of my Whole30 experience. I'm looking for recommendations. I have searched the forums far and wide and I have tried various ideas from other posts - increasing my protein, increasing my starchy vegetables, drinking more water (tons of water), getting more sleep (7-8 hours a night) - but nothing seems to be working. I know this journey is not about weight loss, but I did cheat and checked the scale this morning, and I haven't lost any weight. My pants and wedding ring still fit the same way, too. I'm overweight, so it definitely isn't an issue related to "I don't have much weight to lose." I workout for 30 minutes every morning, too. My sleep has not improved. My skin has not improved. What am I doing wrong? I felt much better prior to doing Whole30, for reference. 

A few examples of recent food days include: 

Monday:

• Breakfast (7 a.m.): 1 banana, hard boiled egg, 2 cups coffee black
  • Lunch (12:30 p.m.): 1 cup grilled boneless/skinless chicken breast, 1 cup red/green peppers, 1 small apple
  • Dinner (6:30 p.m.): 1.5 cups pan-fried tilapia, 1 tbsp olive oil used for all the fish, 1/2 cup cauliflower rice, 1/2 cup broccoli, small sweet potato

Tuesday:

• Breakfast (8:30 a.m.): 2 eggs, fried in a small amount of avocado oil (the spray type - 1 second spray), 1 small sweet potato, 2 cups coffee black
  • Lunch (1 p.m.): Chipotle Whole30 chicken salad
  • Dinner (6:30 p.m.): 1 cup of chicken (boneless/skinless, baked), 1/4 cup avocado, compliant salsa, 1/4 cup onion, lettuce leaves as wraps, 1/2 cup butternut squash 

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Moderators

Have you seen the meal template? You can download it here:  https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Your meals actually look a bit small., especially breakfast. A serving of eggs is typically 3-4, if they're the only protein in your meal. At each meal, you want to add a serving or two of fat, and that's typically in addition to any oil you cook in, because you don't necessarily actually consume the oil you cook in, some of it tends to stay in the pan, and if you're making multiple servings at once, what you do consume gets divided up. Also, really look at the suggested serving sizes on the template for fats. For instance, a serving of avocado is a half to a whole avocado, which could be more than the quarter cup you listed.

If you're having trouble eating much at breakfast, you may want to make sure you have your coffee after you eat, because it can be an appetite suppressant. 

Archived