Day 9 - still rocking a headache and not sleeping well

cganjon

Any ideas? I thought I was supposed to be feeling fantastic by now? I am not a coffee drinker, I am a diet coke drinker but i typically only had 1 a day. I gave up diet coke for lent last year and didn't have a headache for this long. Today I'm going to experiment with drinking and overabundance of water and see if that helps, other than that I'm out of ideas.

Everyone's body is different, everyone's "pre-Whole30" diet is different, so it might just be that you will take a little longer to "detox". Don't give up!! Extra water is always a good idea for headaches! What foods are you eating? Maybe post some food logs so the experts can help you.

yesterdays foods:

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs on top of about a 1/2 cup leftover chili and a clementine

Lunch - big salad with some shaved ham and hard boiled egg - a homemade balsamic vinaigrette

Dinner - hormone and antibiotic free bison burger smothered with sautted onions and peppers with a piece of avocado and a small sweet potato with a little ghee

I also had a handful of almonds and strawberries

Not sure if Melatonin is whole30 compliant- but that has been really helpful in helping me fall asleep. Extra water should definitely help with the headaches- try to get your 64 fl oz a day. It's difficult- but makes a huge difference.

Good luck!

You have to consider your entire context here and ask yourself:

1. How was I eating before? What was my primary fuel source?

2. What is my stress level? How much of that can I control/reduce and how much of that do I just have to live with?

3. How is my sleep?

4. How is my movement/exercise? Do I have any muscle tension (that can cause killer headaches)?

Well I'm happy to report that Day 10 might be my magic number. I did not wake up feeling hungover (which is how it has been for about a week) and I slept well. I even woke up wanting to go to the gym and lift heavy things (me). My head still does not feel completely clear but I'm hoping this is a positive sign.

Archived