Birdie's 1st WHOLE 30 - MARCH 16-20

Birdie7117

35 minutes ago, Birdie7117 said:

And my Banana/egg concoction does not resemble a pancake in any way, shape or form!

By the time I scoop it out of the pan, it looks more like an omelette! :lol: So I'm going to call it a Banana Omelette :)

You're hilarious! I just read your journey and you've inspired me to be ok with how Whole30 may look different for everyone.  Definitely having a Banana Omelette soon ^_^ 

DAY 29 :)  //  Just ONE MORE DAY:) // THEN TESTING! 
4-13-20 / Monday

MORNING LIGHT

Delicious cup of Nespresso Coffee this morning / time to savor the Journey

1/4 left over sweet potato around 11 am

SPINACH SALAD & half avocado around 2

Delicous ORANGE WATER w/ SMART WATER this afternoon :)

RX BAR around 6pm // then Epsom Lavender Bath - wonderful!

Making chicken salad for the week. Will have that Or hamburger patty for dinner

:) End of DAY 29 :) About to go to bed / sleepy / happy / glad I did this

:) Looking forward to tomorrow :) My LAST DAY OF WHOLE 30 !

Had delicious chicken salad for dinner
lettuce fresh from the garden / grapes / toasted almonds 

After dinner - bite of Blueberry RX Bar

21 hours ago, AnnieWhole said:

You're hilarious! I just read your journey and you've inspired me to be ok with how Whole30 may look different for everyone.  Definitely having a Banana Omelette soon ^_^ 

Annie, thank you!
Just a reminder to be sure your tweaks are still within the compliant foods :) The newly christened "Banana Omelet" :lol: is compliant, as well as my occasional coridal of grape juice/coconut water & the No sugar jam. :) Just want you to be safe on the Journey! Enjoy! 

All the Best! 

*(& gee - that RX bar is certainly a treat/pleasure, so don't know why they make a fuss about other good things that can get us happily through the W30 landscape!)

My "Banana Omelette" :rolleyes:

2 Eggs / 1 ripe Banana / 1/4 tsp Vanilla / Sprinkles of Cinnamon / 1/8 tsp Salt / 1/8 tsp healthy Rumford Baking Powder  (no aluminum)

Blend all ingredients together in the small cup of Bullet / Pour half mixture into small  pre-heated skillet with melted ghee.

Cook until edges begin to firm; try to flip over // Do the best u can  to get it all flipped-

Cook just a bit more. You want the center to be somewhat soft. Repeat with other half of mixture.  Eat while warm; good with W30 BACON & Coffee !

* I can't face eggs in the morning, so this was a way for me to enjoy a filling & good egg dish during my Journey.    Kept me happy and satisfied! :)

DAY 30  //  LAST DAY !  // FINISHING THE RACE! By God's GRACE! :)
4-14-20 / Tuesday

11 am // Just now downstairs, having Orange water & coffee. // MORNING LIGHT & JOY & PEACE & CALM

Can't decide if I want Nana Omelet or sweet potato! Or may venture out & make a new dish, Egg Cups! (In muffin pan)
—-
Then later - Chicken Salad,
Collagen Smoothie
& either Chili or hamburger patty for dinner.
---------
Then tomorrow - TESTING DAIRY

Jeni ice Savannah ButterMint ice cream‼️, Greek yogurt, Loaded baked potato, maybe Parm Chicken 
—- 

Then back to my lovely W30 for 2 days :)

:) End of DAY 30 :) About to go to bed / sleepy / happy / thrilled I was able to complete the Journey!!

:) Looking forward to tomorrow :) My FIRST DAY of Testing!  & Will savor the success of FINISHING the course! Yes!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today, had half sweet potato w/ Vanilla Pod cream & coffee for breakfast 

Orange Water w/ SMART WATER

Lunch - delicious chicken salad / toasted almonds / celery / grapes

Tummy Collagen Smoothie - pineapple-coconut water/ half Nana / 1/4 tsp almond extrat & Collagen // No apple/berries/spinach today

& Half Blueberry RX Bar snack - good!

Late dinner - Chili / half avocado & half small baked potato w/ ghee & fresh basil 

Small after dinner cordial of half grape juice/half coconut water 

Full, Satisfied & sleepy & relaxed // feel joyful.  

Thank you, Whole30 :), for the plan, the website, the blogs & ALL the helpful info!

DAY 31 :) GLORIOUS !

MORNING LIGHT / PEACE / JOY

THRILLLED I FINISHED THE COURSE! Savoring this delight & sense of accomplishment!

Now moving on to the POST-W30 Blog section :)

Started day with my lovely half sweet potato/Vanilla Pod cream & delicious cup of Nespresso 

Will begin testing Dairy today -

Jeni's ButterMint ice cream / greek yogurt / maybe some melted cheese Or pimento cheese at lunch :)

loaded baked potato / either Quiche or Parmesan chicken for dinner (made w/ W30 mayo & Parm coating)

HAPPY GIRL!

So far No Reaction to Dairy yesterday - slept well / feel energetic and joyful today, like on W30.

:) Will continue testing Dairy today, just to be sure, then W30 2 to 3 days & then test another food group :)

And it was a delight to add some variety to the W30 meals! :) 

It will be interesting to see what I react to, as some things cause lack of energy & IBS issues for sure! - As I feel so much better after doing W30!

Shalom :)

O My Goodness - forgot to post that I lost 7 lbs & almost 5" overall doing W30 :)

That is a GOOD result for me, b/c I would do Wt Watchers EXACTLY & drink the Ocean of water suggested 
&
Lost
ONE POUND a MONTH!! // 1/4 lb per WEEK !  :o:o

With such little reward for mountains of EFFORT, it simply wasn't sustainable to continue the extraordinary focus required. 

NEVER AGAIN!! 

And now, I have a real opportunity / window to find out what foods make me feel good and the ones that I react to adversely.

PRICELESS INFORMATION! 

Over last weekend, I wrote a review for the Whole30 book:

"Yes, it looks daunting! But it turned out to be a WONDERFUL experience! I thought about it a month or so before I was ready to commit. Finally, I chose a day to begin & began preparation & gathering supplies.

The Good News is that after Day 4, like many, I started to feel better & cravings began to lessen. By Day 10 for me, a sense of WELL BEING kicked in and the rest of the Journey was a pleasure, for the most part. By day 10, I had NO interest in off limit foods, and was enjoying really good food.

Tip - the day before starting, make the (easy) W30 Mayo & make a chicken salad w/ that & celery. I served mine with toasted almonds, lettuce & grapes. So good. Keeping this on hand really helps the Journey! Keeping homemade chili on hand helped also. So good with avocado.

Also, I can't face eggs for breakfast, so I had half a baked sweet potato. ***And there is approved W30 BACON! *** YES!

For dinner - any kind of roast works & you can have mashed potatoes with ghee! Heaven! Or roasted potatoes. Or hash browns! Also loved sides of french green beans with spring onion, cucumbers in vinegar , squash & sliced tomatoes. Also slaw, tossed salad & Spinach Salad.

For snacks - most RX bars are approved - so good that I have to make myself limit to just one a day!
Also like melon wrapped w/ a compliant prosciutto .

Smoothies aren't encouraged on W30, but I had one w/ coconut water, banana, apple & berries w/ COLLAGEN, almost every day. I need Collagen for joint health & this is a great way to take it.

There are W30 ketchup & salad dressings you can buy also. The W30 website has lots of Sources listed.
// So once you get into, its really Not that hard - and SO . WORTH . IT !

Then after the 30 days, the cherry on top is the TESTING Phase, where you actually get to sort out which food groups cause reactions that make you feel bad.

After testing a food group, you go back to W30 for 2 days or so & then test another! That's why the W30 Journey is SO WORTH IT!
All the best on yours!

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this; I am not much of a cook so my culinary expedition during W30 has been zero, mostly it’s about getting restaurants to make slight changes to things to pull them into compliance.

Between that and the meal service though doesn’t have your creativity and flair, and I really like the half and half option with HelloFresh that is a trick I am going to use whenever I do find time to experiment with cooking which it something I have been meaning to do for years.

Anyway many congrats on the completion, I’ve already basically decided to take a slight cheat day and then kicking off Round 2 May 2nd.  Trying to undo decades of neglect is going to take a while haha.

On 4/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, Revelate said:

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this; I am not much of a cook so my culinary expedition during W30 has been zero, mostly it’s about getting restaurants to make slight changes to things to pull them into compliance.

Between that and the meal service though doesn’t have your creativity and flair, and I really like the half and half option with HelloFresh that is a trick I am going to use whenever I do find time to experiment with cooking which it something I have been meaning to do for years.

Anyway many congrats on the completion, I’ve already basically decided to take a slight cheat day and then kicking off Round 2 May 2nd.  Trying to undo decades of neglect is going to take a while haha.

All the best on your Journey!

We recently switched from Hello Fresh to Green Chef, as it has Paleo & Keto options.  The ground beef for hamburgers in both services is really good, but Hello Fresh sends buns, & had to freeze those for later. So less to deal with with Green Chef!

1 hour ago, Birdie7117 said:

All the best on your Journey!

We recently switched from Hello Fresh to Green Chef, as it has Paleo & Keto options.  The ground beef for hamburgers in both services is really good, but Hello Fresh sends buns, & had to freeze those for later. So less to deal with with Green Chef!

Good to know, thanks!

I am actually using Snap Kitchen currently on their W30 plan and it’s been very good overall.  No mess no fuss, just easy, tasty and simple.

I don’t see much reason to not continue using a meal service, especially when I am moving to a place that is not healthy food friendly yet in the local neighborhood.

JOURNAL SO FAR  / POST W30  / TESTING

WEEK 1  - TESTED DAIRY - no issues that I'm aware of

WEEK 2 - from Sunday, 4-19 to Thursday 4-23, tested GF GRAINS separately & together. 

Though 00 tummy upset or cramps, realized on Friday:

-- Had Cravings for grains, whereas during the 30 days, was not an issue.

****:)****
Was thinking today - so grateful that I did W30 during Quarantine, as otherwise, I may have "eaten my way through it"!

I most likely would have gained wt and been miserable!

Instead, with lovely W30, I LOST wt, felt healthy, happy, full & satisfied, and DELIGHTED to have a plan and

PATH to follow that's SUSTAINABLE!

JOURNAL - TESTING UPDATES

WEEK 1  - TESTED DAIRY April 15 -17 - no issues aware of

WEEK 2 - from 4-19 to 23, tested GF GRAINS separately & together. Only issue = increased cravings for Grains!

WEEK 3 - Tested Agave & Bai (sugar alcohols) 4-26 -28 & NO reactions! YAY! 

WEEK 3 - Legumes - peanuts/ peanut butter - had reaction (itching, some tummy upset). + tested field peas
                  & b/c Legumes are known to cause gas, I can live w/o them for sure!
                There did not seem to be a reaction to SOY :) -- tested Helmanns mayo / Dales Sauce / Apple Salad dressing (soy oil).

NEXT will be testing GLUTEN - bread / pasta / crackers  

Archived