Sugar and Alcohol during fast track reintroduction

K Hsu

Hi! I'm about to start my fast track reintroduction period.  I'm going to reintroduce alcohol and sugar first, but was wondering during the remainder of the reintroduction period, is it ok to have a drink here and there? I don't want it to affect the response from reintroducing different food groups, but defintely been missing the occasional white claw or glass of wine especailly as this weather is getting hotter.  Thank you!

I am in the same boat. I am conducting a reintroduction period for 7 days as I know I have an intolerance to dairy to begin with, however, I am wondering about the alcohol reintroduction as well!

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

I'm planning my re-intro though I have 8 more days. I don't think anyone has answered the previous 2 posts? I am going to have a drink on Day 31. I would like some ideas of what to have. I usually drink an old-fashioned with honey not sugar but I need something different now.

I also wonder if you can have an occasional drink while re-introducing other categories. Thanks.

• Moderators

I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm not sure what to recommend for you to have. As far as having drinks throughout reintroductions, you’re supposed to reintroduce one category of non-whole30 foods one day, go back to whole30 for at least two days, and then move on to the next reintroduction, and not have the reintroduced foods again until you're completely done with reintroductions. 

Archived