Overdoing a compliant food??

So I found Tom Denham's ancho chili mayo, then used it in Melissa's creamy italian salad dressing. My wife and I are hopelessly hooked. Here's my quandry. I'll make and go through about a batch a day, between my wife and I. The salad dressing gets used nightly, and I use the mayo in chicken salad and as a dipping sauce for veggies, steak, whatever. I know it's compliant, and darn tasty, I just don't know if I'm overdoing it. Last time I went strong Paleo, I went way overboard on macadamia nuts and almonds. Just afraid I may be doing that now as well......

Hm, I hope a mod comes by and responds to this one, because it's a fair question.

Since you're using it on other things, it honestly sounds fine to me. It sounds like a good way to get in good healthy fats and if it helps you eat a variety of vegetables + meat, then great! I would suggest trying to get more variety in your fat source in general though, like maybe a batch or two of mayo for week, a few avocados during the week, coconut (oil, milk, butter, flakes), etc., that way not all your fat is coming from the egg+olive oil mix.

So I found Tom Denham's ancho chili mayo, then used it in Melissa's creamy italian salad dressing. My wife and I are hopelessly hooked. Here's my quandry. I'll make and go through about a batch a day, between my wife and I. The salad dressing gets used nightly, and I use the mayo in chicken salad and as a dipping sauce for veggies, steak, whatever. I know it's compliant, and darn tasty, I just don't know if I'm overdoing it. Last time I went strong Paleo, I went way overboard on macadamia nuts and almonds. Just afraid I may be doing that now as well......

I'm not an expert, but from my experience with changing my diet, I would say it sounds like your body is craving the right kinds of fats. Try mixing it up with using beef or pork fat from pastured animals (no grains), and coconut oil, rather than just only olive oil. You'll eventually find the right balance!

The mayo recipe is 1 egg, 1.25 cups light olive oil, 1/4 cup ACV and some spices. Split that between 2 people......

I would also note that at this stage in the game, you are probably waaay better off with your mayo fix, than eating the way you were before, right? :)

Archived