Starting my 1st W30 1/14/13!

Marci0393

I am really excited to start my 1st whole30 on Monday! I will be making a pilgrimage to Whole Foods this Sunday and doing some prep cooking. I am going to hard boil a bunch of eggs, make some salsa and maybe a bonebroth with oxtail. I have 1/2 of a grass fed beef in the freezer.

So any tips from the seasoned Whole30'rs? I did print the shopping list. Are there any approved foods that may not be on it? Anything else you would recommend making ahead? I may also pre-cook some steak or chicken to have on hand to toss in salads for lunch.

Also, anyone else starting on Monday?

Congrats you sound so organised. Yes prepping is the key. I like to have lots of cooked veg in the fridge. If I also have things like cooked chicken or ground beef then I can throw meals together when I don't feel like standing cooking. One of the best bits of advice I got was to have a fallback plan. Decide on about 3 meals you can cook, throw together quickly and pin a list of these on your fridge. It's amazing how when you're really stressed, tired, whatever, your brain can go really blank about what to make yet still remember the phone no of the local takeaway :) Being able to look at the fridge and go 'oh yeah - I can do that' was a great help. Good luck and keep us posted how you get on

Prepping has been key! Im starting my whole30 today but spent the last 2 weeks practicing. I take a day to cook most of my meat and chop all my veggies and any sauces and those sorts of things. I agree with Kirsteen in that having a list on the fridge of easy go to meals makes those crazy long days much easier to eat right. Usually Ill have a pound of ground meat precooked and then just throw that in the skillet with some of my already chopped veggies. The only mess to clean is the ONE pan and dishes. For me its all about convinience, so my advice is make it as easy for yourself as possible by doing most of the prep and brain work ahead of time.

Archived