Charlotte airport?

carlyh

Does anyone have experience staying whole30-compliant in the Charlotte, NC airport? I have a long layover during dinnertime next week and would like to buy something to eat rather than packing this meal. Here's the airport map with the restaurant list (sadly no whole30 favorites like chipotle or five guys).

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/Airport/MapsandDirections/Documents/CLT%20Maps/SDWRMap112012Web.pdf

Any tips would be appreciated, if you've conquered this particular airport on the whole30 or if you have experience with any of the restaurants listed! I'll be on Day 21 by the time I'm there, so there's no way I'm going to screw it up.. I'll pack the meal if I have to!

Yeah.. I'm just having to pack for 4 meals so I was trying to cut down on one, especially since my layover is SO long. Sashimi could work too. Maybe I'll just suck it up, pack all 4 meals, and reward myself with a massage during the layover. :)

Thanks for the quick reply, Renee!

I can't really comment on food, but I have to say that I love this airport because it has ROCKING CHAIRS!

(See, this is Whole9 related because it is related to stress :P). After you find your dinner, find yourself an awesome white rocking chair to sit in and people watch. I actually sometimes go out of my way to fly through the Charlotte airport solely to hang out in their rocking chairs. :lol:

I actually live in charlotte so I spend a lot of time in this airport waiting to leave. It is not going to be the greatest for compliant Whole30ing. In general I've found that the best way to stay close to compliant in airports is to find a steakhouse-type place and see if they have a salad with meat add-ins on the menu. It may not be perfect (places like that are not going to know whether their olive oil is diluted with something else) but you can usually get to where all visible macroingredients look compliant. There's really nothing special in this airport foodwise except that it has decent gelato instead of gross frozen yogurt, but that doesn't concern us now sadly.

Thanks befab.. maybe I'll try that. I'm a frequent USAir flier so I've spent a lot of time there too, it's just that I usually head straight to the nearest bar!

Looks like it's going to be a massage and a rocking chair for me this time!

Archived